Shipping in Canada and into the US

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Shipping in Canada and into the US

Post by Boo »

Does anyone have suggestions for shipping both more reliably and for less money than Canada Post? I'm growing very tired of the truly overly expensive and crappy service from our postal system. It stinks!!!!!!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Normous

Re: Shipping in Canada and into the US

Post by Normous »

I call the Post the "Herd Of Turtles" with sometimes sticky fingers.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Boo

Post by Boo »

enormous wrote:I call the Post the "Herd Of Turtles" with sometimes sticky fingers.
All with pensions and almost impossible to fire.
I know they are not all bad but man the service sucks!
strum

Post by strum »

i think when i order a string you could just drive it down to me..that should speed things up :lol: :lol: :lol:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I detest Canada Post, I have to mail back my C2 Crank to Excal and I will be checking into the prices from Fed - Ex or UPS or some other courier, I know the second your package is thicker than an envelope its an automatic $12 + with Canada Post.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Their money orders suck as well.
My last one cost 20% of actual value. :twisted:

I'll call Purolator first for next package.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I wish I knew of a more efficient and less exspensive way to ship stuff cuz I'm pretty unhappy with CP too. Exspensive and usually not very "express". :(
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

You think Canadian postal service is bad. Here if you want to send something to Chicago pronto you have to send it to canada mark wood stock. :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: And then you still have to wrestle this big black lady for it. :wink:
Boo

Post by Boo »

agingcrossbower wrote:You think Canadian postal service is bad. Here if you want to send something to Chicago pronto you have to send it to canada mark wood stock. :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: And then you still have to wrestle this big black lady for it. :wink:
Ummm, nawww we'll let you wrestle with her. :mrgreen: But only because we know you want to. :D
agingcrossbower

Boo wrote:
agingcrossbower wrote:You think Canadian postal service is bad. Here if you want to send something to Chicago pronto you have to send it to canada mark wood stock. :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: And then you still have to wrestle this big black lady for it. :wink:
Ummm, nawww we'll let you wrestle with her. :mrgreen: But only because we know you want to. :D
GOD BOO, you tell you something and you tell the world. :lol: :lol: :lol: The trick is to let her win. :wink:
Trapman

Post by Trapman »

In an earlier thread I asked for advice about shipping a shotgun stock from Canada to the US. After hearing the horror stories I made the purchase contingent upon the owner giving the stock to some trap shooters to carry across the border into the US and have it sent priority mail. This was a very expensive stock and I was afraid it would get held up in customs for who knows how long.

Stock made it from the Canada/New York border via Priority Mail in three days.
agingcrossbower

Trapman wrote:In an earlier thread I asked for advice about shipping a shotgun stock from Canada to the US. After hearing the horror stories I made the purchase contingent upon the owner giving the stock to some trap shooters to carry across the border into the US and have it sent priority mail. This was a very expensive stock and I was afraid it would get held up in customs for who knows how long.

Stock made it from the Canada/New York border via Priority Mail in three days.
After the Chicago thing I had that stock walked across the border by a member the this forum.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Okay Don, here is a comparison for you. I went to ship my C2 crank out for repair today and since both the post office and Fed ex are in the same mall I was able to compare prices.
My parcel weighed just shy of 2 Lbs, measured 12in x 7in x 7in and with next day delivery and $200 insurance Canada Post was $15.72 and Fed Ex was $17.72
With only a $2.16 difference in price guess which one I used to ship my package. :wink:
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Boo

Post by Boo »

Bullzeye wrote:Okay Don, here is a comparison for you. I went to ship my C2 crank out for repair today and since both the post office and Fed ex are in the same mall I was able to compare prices.
My parcel weighed just shy of 2 Lbs, measured 12in x 7in x 7in and with next day delivery and $200 insurance Canada Post was $15.72 and Fed Ex was $17.72
With only a $2.16 difference in price guess which one I used to ship my package. :wink:
FedEx, because you know it will arrive and in short order!
fuel80guy

Post by fuel80guy »

I don't get anything shipped to Canada anymore.
Most places ship for free in the USA,so I get it shipped to a US address and it costs me $5.00