Recommend Rangefinder

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Flswampwalker

Recommend Rangefinder

Post by Flswampwalker »

:?: Can anyone recommend a good rangefinder for bow hunting?
Equinox
Axiom
Gold Tip IV
100 gr. Spitfires
FFF string
Dash

Re: Recommend Rangefinder

Post by Dash »

I've been using the Nikon archers chioce max. Its been good so far. It measures in 0.1 yard/meter inrements, angle compensation,orange and black LCD for night n Day. Definately worth considering.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Have a Bushnell ARC 1200 , seems to work well for me . I use it for bowhunting and long range varmit shooting .

Bushnell and Nikon both make quality range finders .
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

I use the new leupold 1000i. it's a sweet piece of equipment,compact and very accurate.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
bayman1975

Post by bayman1975 »

I've got to find one that will serve double duty. My grandson has an older Bushnell I bought used for him to use with his compound, which has been very accurate. I need one, and he plays on the high school golf team, so I need to get a new one without the ARC technology (not allowed on the golf course) for him to use, and I'll take the old standard Bushnell. We both get what we need that way.
Genesis 21:20 And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer.

Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

That's the one I've got, works good and the battery last's a long time............
"Eze 18:21"
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

I use the Chuck Adams edition by bushnell...reasonably priced & no complaints.
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

georgiaboy wrote:I use the Chuck Adams edition by bushnell...reasonably priced & no complaints.
Me too. This model does have the ARC technology.
Great product at the price. Battery last a long time.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I own two of the Leupold models with their True Ballistic Range (TBR) function. An RX-II and an RX-750. I've been looking for another used one of them for about six months now for under $200 but haven't had any luck. I finally gave up and bought a Nikon Archers Choice on sale at Cabelas for $199.

Along with a dedicated bow mode, the two items I look for is the higher zoom (6x) and scan mode. Scan mode means you can press the range button and hold it down while pointing it at different items and it constantly updates the range. I prefer this over having to press the button for each range. I'll be able to provider a better review of the Nikon next week when I get home.

I like the 6X zoom because I find myself using my rangefinder as a monocular checking out deer at a distance as they are approaching. The added zoom helps in these cases. Its much more discreet to use my rangefinder than to use the scope on my Excalibur to check them out.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I use the bottom of the barrel Bushnell, been happy with it over the years.
Been eyeing that Leupold Vendetta, looks very cool.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
pasloat0

Post by pasloat0 »

get a chuck adams edition from bushnell
2011 excalibur equinox ,lite stuff, shadow zone,victory xbolts,flemish string
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

i bought the simmons 600, just a plain range finder. no arc adjustment on it. brand new for 100. i really like it.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Sloppy Does

Post by Sloppy Does »

I have the Redfield, not happy with it.. can change reading 2 or 3 yards back to back on the same target.
Axe 340
308 SHORT
ZEISS XB 75
subneural

Post by subneural »

I just picked up the Bushnell Chuck Adams edition, and I'm pretty happy with it. I took it out to the range and tested it at various known yardages from 7 out to 60yds. It was dead-bang on every time, sighting against a "soft" target bag. The ARC works very well as long as you're under 100 yds, and the time-to-range is virtually instant.

I've also taken it up to the cottage and ranged hard surfaces (rocks) across the lake. I've tested it out to 500 yards, and time-to-range was in 1-2 seconds. Although I will primarily be using the Chuck Adams for bowhunting at 50 yds max, it's nice to know that it will also be a useful ranger at "rifle" distances.

Currently they seem to retail for $219 CDN. I picked up mine at Sail during their grand opening sale, paid $189.
Boo-strung, GroundPounded and Varizoned Phoenix, sold.
PSE Brute X pushing Easton Flatlines topped with Rage 3-blades.