mountain men

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

strum

mountain men

Post by strum »

Anyone watch that show "mountain men"
talk about silly..
The guy shoots a deer ..wounds it cant find it..then calls the shot a misfire(wha!)
he had let somone sight the rifle ..as a test ... then because he missed he blames it on the guy who he gave 3 shells to and told him to sight it in..what a crock,,
so their on a blood trail and blaming the other guy the whole way..
then next week he shoots a little baby deer ..to feed their family ..survival ..they are not making hunters look good at all.
then the guy in alaska goes out for fire wood ..they make a big deal about how he must get that wood in in time and it will be enough to last 3 months,,,,it was a little bitty bitty trailer load...i burn that much in 2 days..
i guess these shows are for city folk...
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
georgiaboy

Re: mountain men

Post by georgiaboy »

Watched it for about 10 minutes...what a crock of *#^! :x
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

I watched it and some of it is funny! could not imagine someone following me around and filming my life of hunting , fishing, shooting, they would think I,m one of the three stooges!
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

There's no shortage of dumb tv, I guess to keep the big foot thing alive they found two I'll say it again two tracks together:lol: :lol: I thought he only had one foot and bounce around like a pogo stick, Duck Dynasty is funny for sure one of the better shows to watch
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
tharris811

Post by tharris811 »

strum wrote:Anyone watch that show "mountain men"
talk about silly..
The guy shoots a deer ..wounds it cant find it..then calls the shot a misfire(wha!)
he had let somone sight the rifle ..as a test ... then because he missed he blames it on the guy who he gave 3 shells to and told him to sight it in..what a crock,,
then next week he shoots a little baby deer ..to feed their family ..survival ..they are not making hunters look good at all.
then the guy in alaska goes out for fire wood ..they make a big deal about how he must get that wood in in time and it will be enough to last 3 months,,,,it was a little bitty bitty trailer load...i burn that much in 2 days..
I agree I watched it this week he shot a 60lb doe and it was going to feed 8 people all winter.When he finds the deer he wipes deer blood on his face to be one with the deer.WHAT A CROCK!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
live everyday as it is your last..It may be
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

tharris811 wrote:
strum wrote:Anyone watch that show "mountain men"
talk about silly..
I agree I watched it this week he shot a 60lb doe and it was going to feed 8 people all winter.When he finds the deer he wipes deer blood on his face to be one with the deer.WHAT A CROCK!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
We call those deer "Ziplocs" cause after you butcher 'em and debone 'em you can put 'em in a couple of gal. ziploc baggies.
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

Yup it sure is a crock. These reality shows are all a crock of crap They are scripted so they show what the director/producer believe is the way it should be. MountainMen, Pawn stars, American Pickers etc, etc are entertain shows only. Not a whole lot of truth in any of them Sad thing about Mountain show is that Marty is a helluva a trapper and outdoorsman. He partcipates in the same trapping forum that I do. It's all about money. Pretty sure most of us would be in one of the shows if we had a chance. Be foolish to turn down the amount of money they get for each episode!
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
strum

Post by strum »

DaGriz wrote:Yup it sure is a crock. These reality shows are all a crock of crap They are scripted so they show what the director/producer believe is the way it should be. MountainMen, Pawn stars, American Pickers etc, etc are entertain shows only. Not a whole lot of truth in any of them Sad thing about Mountain show is that Marty is a helluva a trapper and outdoorsman. He partcipates in the same trapping forum that I do. It's all about money. Pretty sure most of us would be in one of the shows if we had a chance. Be foolish to turn down the amount of money they get for each episode!
the marty guy i like ..and yep give me the chance i would do it too..hopefully i would show what good hunting ethics is though..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

It's the Redneck equivalent of Jersey Shore. Just a made up ,scripted reality show for us dumb Redneck country folk that have no interest in watching Snookie.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
shaftthrower

Post by shaftthrower »

Yep Its another wasted show !! Mountain men with trucks and driveway.
OneShot

Post by OneShot »

Just goes to show - not everything is worth a reality show -- especially for CIDIOTS to watch and think thats how hunters roll!

oneshot,,,,,...........
Leave the concrete jungle behind and just go hunting !
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

OneShot wrote:Just goes to show - not everything is worth a reality show -- especially for CIDIOTS to watch and think thats how hunters roll!

oneshot,,,,,...........
Thats the second time I've heard in recent weeks the word CIDIOTS. There are more and more of those creatures walkin around my neck of the woods and now I have a name for them. Is there a season on them??? Can I shoot them?? Can I? CAN I ??????????????? :lol: :lol: :lol:
JohnDoeHunter

Post by JohnDoeHunter »

The guy you are talking about is Eustace Conway. He is an interesting person, lived in a teepee for something like 17 years. If you pay close attention to the show you will see that the rifle being sited in is a lever action Marlin and the rifle he is "hunting" with is a Ruger #1. The shows are made for entertainment, not education. Have you ever noticed that the girls legs on Survivor stay clean shaven after months on the island? There is no reality in reality tv. There is a book about Eustace called "The Last American Man" by Elizabeth Gilbert. I just hope he got paid well for selling out for this fake show.
John