ot i knew it was only a matter of time

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

munch

ot i knew it was only a matter of time

Post by munch »

well after a couple days out on lake erie fishing with my kids and brother in his boat we have a new to us boat.19.5 feet deep fishing boat. i took the wife and son and sister out for perch action today and came home with our limit. some of the best eating fish you can get .big fish fry sunday with frys and new sweet corn .can't wait
when i saw this tug go by i knew we where deep enough
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
dutchhunter

Re: ot i knew it was only a matter of time

Post by dutchhunter »

very nice . good for you DUTCH
addicted to canadian beaver
M&M

Post by M&M »

yum!!!
M&M
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Thats a lot of perch! Must have kept the crew busy catching all that. Thanks for sharing.
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

nice catch ! nice boat my son just traded a nice deep spectrum a while back about like that with a 4.3 vortex for a Harley fatboy . they are nice allwelded boats!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Whoa yeah perch be some tasty eatin, gotstid a bunch of them y'all did
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
TYE

Post by TYE »

hankenhunter wrote:Nice boat Munch! I still miss mine from when I moved from the coast. :( Now it's a 17' Coleman canoe with an electric motor. If I'm feeling really adventurous, I strap on the old belly boat and do some small lake fishing. To easy to have a snooze in the darned things. I usually wake up in the weeds with my flyline wound around me. :lol: Enjoy your new treasure.
Hank
That's funny Hank. Ive actually been thinking about trying float tube fishing for bass.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Nice fishin' boat there Terry and a great haul of perch too! Enjoy the fish fry. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Man, you cleaned fish for a while!
munch

Post by munch »

flightattendant100 wrote:Man, you cleaned fish for a while!

i can clean about 50 per hour myself. i met some fellows from Michigan ice fishing one year and they showed me how to build my own fish scaler.
makes the job much simpler .the thing is made of a collection of old parts i found and cost maybe a 100 bucks.
these fish i dont have too clean.i know a fellow that has a small business cleaning fish. he called me last week to say he was in a pickle his store bought scaler gave up the ghost and he had buckets of fish to clean. i took this down to lend him and he is in love with the thing .says it works far better that what he bought and if i would lend it for the summer he will clean all the fish i catch .sounded like a good deal to me all i have to do now is eat.
i may round up the parts and build me a new one .it takes me time to drop fish at his house and return for them so on days we only get a few or i fish with other people we can clean them here .
if there is anyone interested maybe i can do a build along when i get at the new one
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
derf

Post by derf »

nice bunch of perch, kids and i are heading down to ERIEAU in a couple of weeks hope we can find them. nothing like fresh feed . derf
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Congrats on the haul and the new boat! Lots of great family memories just waiting to be made.

Just called Ben over to have a look at your pile o' perch... he was impressed (so was I!) :shock:

We have just returned from a wonderful week up on Lake Nippissing at Oak Island Lodge http://www.oakislandlodge.ca/ Did some dock, shore & canoe fishing, and got to watch Ben caught his first perch, pike and bass.

After about 28 years of not fishing I've bought a cheap rod & reel, gathered some of my Dad's old lures and rediscovered the joys of casting for pike. Can't wait until next year to go do it again! Pssst, Dagriz... I might need to order "just one more" knife! :wink:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
rayman

Post by rayman »

Oyster houses in the panhandle use contraptions that look very similar to that for cleaning oysters. Haven't seen one like that for scaling fish though. Went fishing with some guys once that had an expanded metal basket thing with propellers on it. You could put 10 or 20 pounds of fish in there and pull it behind the boat for a few minutes to scale the fish. Worked pretty good. You had to check for missed scales though and it beat the fish up. :)
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Nice looking boat Terry, I suppose it's your reward for doing the spam. I hope you enjoy it.
VixChix wrote:After about 28 years of not fishing I've bought a cheap rod & reel, gathered some of my Dad's old lures and rediscovered the joys of casting for pike. Can't wait until next year to go do it again! Pssst, Dagriz... I might need to order "just one more" knife! :wink:
Maybe he can make you a PINK one, to match your other toys. :wink:

Of course, I would think it might cost you "slightly" more than the previous ones.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
MarkMarine

Post by MarkMarine »

automated11 wrote:Please do a build along next time you make one! Im very interested. I do a ton of fishing in the hunting off season so this would be very helpful!
X2 Terry!