Invention Needed

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Dash

Re: Invention Needed

Post by Dash »

Bowjax - bolt retainer.jpg
I used a big bow jax with the bottom 2 legs cut off. This rubber is the best sound deadening rubber I've seen. But like awshucks said, it may be the case that your retainer could do with a slight tweak away from the rail.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Dash wrote: I used a big bow jax with the bottom 2 legs cut off. This rubber is the best sound deadening rubber I've seen. But like awshucks said, it may be the case that your retainer could do with a slight tweak away from the rail.
If I remember correctly Bow Jax makes or used to make a small dampener to attach to the arrow retainer.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

http://www.bowjax.com/products/cross-bow-dampeners/

Here's a link to the retainer dampener that Bow Jax makes.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Sloppy Does

Post by Sloppy Does »

Dash wrote:
I used a big bow jax with the bottom 2 legs cut off. This rubber is the best sound deadening rubber I've seen. But like awshucks said, it may be the case that your retainer could do with a slight tweak away from the rail.
What was that piece you used designed for originally?
Axe 340
308 SHORT
ZEISS XB 75
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

awshucks wrote:Galgo, check your gap between the spring retaining arm and your rail, if it's not 1/4" - 5/16" tweak it up a tad.........

That's about the most logical diff.............Hope it works out for ya!
Yes it had been quite a small gap probably due to me bringing the string over it while trying to cock. Boo adjusted it up for me but it has since moved close to 1/4 again. (and I didn't squash it with the srting this time...honest. :D
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

Thanks for the input guys!
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

The plastic sleeve on the stringing aid is responsible for many problems, which is why I 86 them upon receipt, lol.

Plus, they prevent the rope cocker from being used w/ stringing aid...............
"Eze 18:21"
Dash

Post by Dash »

Sloppy Does wrote:
Dash wrote:
What was that piece you used designed for originally?
I ordered the wrong item by accident, I think it was for a cable guide rod. Has a 8mm (5/16") hole. I had seen another bow jax on a retainer like the one krug mentioned and liked the idea. But when I saw that my wrong item fitted and worked perfectly I just kept it.