xbow trick

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Sloppy Does

xbow trick

Post by Sloppy Does »

I would like to know what experiences you all have had with the xbow Trick by slick trick. i was thinking of trying the new 150 grain.
Axe 340
308 SHORT
ZEISS XB 75
vixenmaster

Re: xbow trick

Post by vixenmaster »

None, but have used the Trick mag & Razor both very good
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I put Slick Trick Mags on and went up to the zoo, buddy had a hog running loose he wanted for feed. Dbl lunged it at 20 yds and it blew blood out of both sides of it's body til it expired [quickly].

Next hunt was a small doe at 30 yds from my blind shed at a buds in hot springs. The trail on here looked like somebody threw red paint down w/ a 5" brush.

Then came the buffalo hunt, 1000 lb cow took one in the ribs at 20 and stood there bleeding profusely to the end.

Somewhere inbetween those was a couple of turkeys and one rooster, lol.

Point being, I can ignore bhead posts cause I've got my bhead early in the game...................
"Eze 18:21"
Normous

Post by Normous »

He is a Slick Pioneer.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
goosesmasher

Post by goosesmasher »

I'll be trying some out in three weeks on my bear hunt! I'll let you know how they work!

Goose smasher
Bones

Post by Bones »

Should be getting my order from Slick trick any day, Have a couple pack's of 175 xbox trick's coming. This may get deadly.
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

These are my thoughts on broadheads in general:

Any broadhead will do the job if you put it in the right place.

IMO the best thing you can do is make the biggest holes (entry and exit) possible. This will kill the deer faster than anything else.

The perfect arrow broadhead combination will pass completely through the deer and fall to the ground after it exits in the deer. If you routinely find your arrow buried 8" in the dirt you are wasting energy digging a hole in the ground that could be used making a bigger set of holes in the deer.

I have shot the Slick Trick magnums and they will do the job but they are too small to suit me. I prefer the NAP Spitfire.

Some pics for a buck I shot last year with a Slick Trick Mag:

The shot:

The blood trail

The prize at the end of the trail:

http://www.cthuntingnshooting.com/vBfor ... Finally%29

No complaints about the broadhead. Dead is dead but I prefer something that makes a bigger hole.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

Just got back from shooting my Excalibur Vortex with JBK string from Wyvern creations. I bought this xbow in the spring and was not happy with the stock string and flemish string I purchased because of serving seperation issues. The JBK string serving seems to be holding up much better. I originally had a vari zone scope on the Vortex but ended up purchasing a Twilight Deluxe, I prefer this scope over the vari zone. The scope should gather more light in the critical times of the day mainly early morning and early evening. I am shooting the recommended Easton Firebolt with a 150 grain point. At the range it only took a few shots and I was dead nuts on at twenty yards. Moved the target out to forty, used the twenty yard cross hair as an aiming point and shot a few arrows. Looked through the scope and adjusted the speed dial until the forty chevron was on the two arrows I shot then shot a few at forty using the forty chevron and was dead on! Now time for the 150 grain Xbow tricks. First shot at forty was 8 inches right! :shock: Oh Oh I thought. Shot another one and this was much closer only two inches off center. Went and pulled those two and shot the far right one again, same thing :evil: Culled that flyer and put the head on a different arrow. Shot it and it was right near the aiming point like the other one. Put two clicks left on the Twilight Deluxe and shot a few more and they started dropping right in there! :D Shot a few more at forty then shot some at twenty and thirty. All I can say is this arrow/broad head combination with the Vortex will without a doubt get the job done. I am very happy with the new Slick Trick 150 grain Xbow trick. They fly to were I aim my Vortex with Twilight Deluxe scope and should put any deer or bear down for the count as long as I do my part and put it in the boiler room! :D
Last edited by NEPAbowhunter on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
strum

Post by strum »

I just started using the slick trick mag125s last year so i dont have big review on their killing properties..
I did shoot one doe with one..it made it about 40 yards .
what i can say is after target practicing with them a fair amount..there is no other head for me..they fly better than any fixed head i have ever used and they are made rock solid..
I looked at the xbow tricks today and almost bought em..but instead i got another pack of the 125gr magnums..
from what i can tell they are the same blades with heavier ferrels( i know i spellet it wrong)
you wont regret using them..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16