OT - WTB "vintage" fishing spoon

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

VixChix

OT - WTB "vintage" fishing spoon

Post by VixChix »

I used to fish in the 70's & 80's when I lived out west. Gave up fishing after moving to Ontario. However our 7 yr old Ben has become interested so we spent last week at Oak Island Lodge on Lake Nipississing and I rediscovered the joys of casting a spoon. :D

I had given away most of my tackle but I had some of my Dad's spoons still. Among them were 2 spoons my Dad wasn't keen to let us kids use because he didn't want to lose them. So in his memory I used them last week... and the inevitable happened. I lost both. :roll:

Does anyone have any of these in their collection that look like this? It would have "Wonderlure" stamped on the back. Would have been bought in the 70's. It might have been a Canadian lure - I'm not sure. I've searched the internet and found this one on eBay. Would love to find a couple more to share with my brothers who have the memory that I have of my Dad "saving them for good". :D

Here are some photos of our holidays last week:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 0e6eae973d
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
ComfyBear

Re: OT - WTB "vintage" fishing spoon

Post by ComfyBear »

Last edited by ComfyBear on Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
encore1250

Post by encore1250 »

I FEEL YOUR PAIN. I HAD SOME OF MY GRANDFATHERS LURES . SOMEONE BROKE IN MY GARAGE AND STOLE ALL MY FISHING STUFF. IT STILL ERKS ME.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Lou - Thanks for the links. I've spent several hours on eBay looking - the only one I've found was the one in you 2nd link (in fact, that's where I stole the photos from.)

It's just a bit of silly sentimentality - nothing really necessary. The good memories weren't lost! :D
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.