Boofest photos......post 'em up!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

VixChix

Re: Boofest photos......post 'em up!

Post by VixChix »

lscha wrote:
munch wrote: sorry i had no idea you where on your way out and did not have a chance to say goodbye .
I hate goodbye's no matter where I am. I enjoyed meeting every single person there. I can't do the 'tent camping' thing anymore but I LOVE being with like-minded people and just hanging out. Two days isn't enough time to talk to all of you like I would like.
I missed your leaving as well - I just figured you couldn't stand one more sweaty hug from me! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

I've posted some pics on Google+ as "public"

For those who are interested, go to Google+ and search for "Comfy Bear".
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Just a couple of pics of Danny Miller holding Cindy! for some reason she liked being held by him, not sure if it was from the hand outs or not but Danny took a shine to her :D :)
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

What a weekend!

It started with a mini meet-up at the factory and the tour. Then it was off to BooStock!

Once we got there and set up, I walked over to the shade shelters to hang out with the others. Suddenly someone started shouting "STOP!"

I turned around and saw "someone" backing the van in place next to our pitched tent. I heard "he just ran over your bow" and I thought they were joking around.

Apparently they weren't. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Danny Miller was first on site. He saw the bow under the front tire and said to Tim: "Waaalll, y'all best just keep on drivin' !"

Tim wasn't sure if he meant to keep driving to get off the bow, or to hit the road and make a run for it before I got there. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Danny uncased the bow and inspected it. By the time I got there he was bending the arrow retention spring back into perfect position. My Munch mount was munched. :( It had been forced back up under the spring and into my Optimizer scope mount. Fortunately there wasn't much further damage.

Boo looked it over:

My pink bow case was torn, there was some dirt on the limbs, and the stirrup was a bit bent, but other than that, all was fine. We adjusted the elevation for 20 & 30 yards and she was good to go. Although the next day I was wishing we'd checked for 40 yards as well - it was shooting a bit low. No matter. All is good and I'm still married. :lol:

More shortly...
Last edited by VixChix on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Thanks for sharing the photo's Laura. It was great to finally meet you in person. An honor to meet such a big supporter of crossbows. I'm sure that your a legend in Michigan. Again, it was a pleasure.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Many many thanks to Don and Karin who hosted this amazing gathering of Excalibur-ites! We really appreciated the amenities they provided and the many kindnesses. Don and Karin go above and beyond!!!

I also have to post a shout out to Craig for the amount of work he put in with Don to set up the course, organize & run the long-range elimination shoot for multiple teams in the brutally hot sun, provide prizes, run the draws, and then come back after all was over to collect the 3D targets again. He is one of the most positive, friendly, and upbeat people I've ever met.

A photo of the first station of the 3D course set up by Craig of Gagnon Sports -

Some of the wildlife closer to the camping area: :D

Arkansas sausage on the grill:

TPM testing one of the deer haulers:

Jim - JKrug hanging out in the shade... probably wondering why his wife is taking so long in the shower. :lol:

Norm (Enormous) and Danny Miller checking out the sweet new triggers by Matt. Incidentally, that bow was dryfired, had a splintered limb, and still hit the Xs as if nothing happened.

Rob (xbowkidd) and his sweet boy Elias:

Paul (Hikerman) trying some of Bill T's famous summer sausage. BTW, BIG CONGRATS to Paul for winning the long distance elimination challenge!

Wes (Mr Meat), his wife Kathy, and their dog Cindy keeping cool in the "living room" (which people kept driving through! :? :lol: )

Kevin (Maine Hunter) and his wife Cookie (formerly known as Gena) :D

The "RackStackers" in deep conversation with Bill T.
Rackstacker was a generous sponsor of BooStock.

Matt - the trigger man, Norm (Enormous) and Tom - deciding who is making the next beer run. :wink:

The "other" Ben - Ken (UncleFester) and Karen's baby. :D !

I think Farmer (Paul ?) is trying to say he has a split personality??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mike (AgingCrossbower) and his wife Jenn - so glad you could make it up again this year!

Dan (Awshucks) keeping an eye on what Laura is doing with the camera.... for some reason he seemed to be suspicious! :lol:
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Some lurkers/stalkers talking to Bill T.
It's anyone's guess which one is the "Good Reno" and which one is the "Bad Reno"... but maybe they'll come out of lurkdom and solve the mystery for us! :lol:

Tim just informed me that he now knows which one is the "Bad Reno".... that would be the Reno who taunted us with the air conditioning in the truck as they drove past us on their way out. :twisted: Mystery solved!

Neil (OneShotScott) with Mike (AgingCrossbower) and Laura. So glad that Neil was able to come up for the day and join the fun in the (hot) sun! :D

Preparing for the pink nail polish shoot-out!

Sweating nervously while trying to outshoot 'Shucks:

This is the shot from the 40 - and that's Laura's Luminok in the centre! In the end, each of us took one of the targets - we were all winners. :wink:

Accolades to Don, Karin and Craig - while sheltering in the big driving shed from the thunderstorm Saturday evening:

Craig presenting the prizes for the long distance elimination challenge - here is Lou (ComfyBear) collecting his:

Making Dan nervous: :wink:

Laura reassuring Bill T. that she is certified to administer First Aid: :lol:

Danny Miller and Wes (Mr Meat) looking at photos, while Paul (flightattendant) hides his face so that he won't get busted at the border after attending BooStock:

Apparently Don CAN be bought! :D
Last edited by VixChix on Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Moni, some great picture taking. Thanks for arranging and showing them off. Great memories for sure. WoW, I did not see the shooting range but hats off to Craig for all that effort to making it. Man, that had to be hot out there. :shock:
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

More photos? Ok!

Ben wishing he was in bed, while Tim and Wheelie exchange fish stories:

Tracey, BigJohn's wife, and Sheila, JKrug's wife, chatting during the t-storm. It was great to see then both come back for BooStock II!

Boo & the wine - there were no kilts, and there was no lifting... :shock:

Some of the great targets Jim (JKrug) made & donated to the draw. These are headed for Arkansas.... better than shooting at a frying pan, eh? :lol:

Pink nail polish - not sure if Dan is making fists to keep me from getting near his nails or to warn me to back off. :lol:

Thanks to an anonymous Texan there was a significant amount of PINK for Dan after all!

He might be smiling... or plotting, I'm not sure! :shock:

Some were brave enough to take the pink nail challenge! They shall remain nameless... :D

The Cali Cute Factor:

More Cali Love!

The weekend was very warm - even this beautiful cake was sweating:

We also had a fantastic thunderstorm Saturday night. Strong winds and heavy rain challenged most tents. I couldn't resist taking this photo Sunday morning:

Sunday morning Terry and his son Aaron arrived. I believe Terry's first words to Laura were something like "She's even prettier in person than in photos!" :)

Karin served up these HUGE "HillBilly Hotdogs" - These were called "Home Wreckers" :shock:

Then the boys got out the big guns - Don and Kevin (DoeMaster) with Dueling Potato Cannons:

I suspect that Boo was trying to hit the Brown Vixen - as if getting run over and peed on wasn't enough! My poor baby. :lol:

Ben couldn't resist:

The "Y'ALLs" have a great sense of humour! :D

Paul (flightattendant) helping fire our Canadian artillery. :lol:

After demonstrating our artillery, our air force was rolled out by new forum members Dennis and his children - they included Ben in the fun:

It was a full and fun weekend! We so very much enjoyed putting faces to the forum names. Looking forward to next year already!!!
lscha

Post by lscha »

You took some great pictures!! I had to steal some...
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
lscha

Post by lscha »

I had to doctor up one more photo of Boo's beautiful dogs:

Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

WOW................LMAO!!!!
I do recognize Farmer - Paul.
Worked with him at an auto plant for a bunch of years, he does like to talk with his hands.
I see shucks was very wary of the pink! Not one picture with even a hint of a smile. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for posting here as I don't do facebook or google+.
Great story and super pics.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

It is my French heritage that has me use my hands when talking :lol: Was also trying not to break the camera with my good looks :lol: !
copperjohn

Post by copperjohn »

Great pics. Are there going to be new triggers in the 2013 excals, or did I read wrong? 8)
HW

Post by HW »

Had a great time. Glad that Bill T. left my dog behind when he left on Sunday. The way the were attached on Saturday evening, I was getting worried Brody would have a new home and I wouldn't have one to go to. Brody had such a great time that he just came home and collapsed on the cool tile floor for the remainder of Sunday.

Again, Thank you to Don and Karin for your hospitality.
HW
Exocet 175
Boo String (Red&Black)
GT II's
2" Blazers
Slick Tricks
Dan Miller Mount