Boofest photos......post 'em up!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

HW

Re: Boofest photos......post 'em up!

Post by HW »

Had a great time. Glad that Bill T. left my dog behind when he left on Sunday. The way the were attached on Saturday evening, I was getting worried Brody would have a new home and I wouldn't have one to go to. Brody had such a great time that he just came home and collapsed on the cool tile floor for the remainder of Sunday.

Again, Thank you to Don and Karin for your hospitality.
HW
Exocet 175
Boo String (Red&Black)
GT II's
2" Blazers
Slick Tricks
Dan Miller Mount
TPM

Post by TPM »

I also want to thank Don and Karin for letting us invade your place for a couple of days. I know there is a lot of prep work and believe me we appreciate it. Also a big thanks to Craig and the crew from Gagnon's for all the work on the target course and for running the shoot on Saturday. It was a great set up and the elimination shoot was an awesome way to have some friendly competition for those who wanted to.
For those who weren't there, in case you can't tell there was a lot of food fun and non stop yacking. As near as we could tell there were about 55 people who showed up at some point in the week-end. Some stayed a few hours, some a few days. Aside from Ontario we had people from Texas, Arkansas, Ohio Wisconsin, Maine, Michigan and Quebec. If there is one word to describe the weather it's "hot". The heavy rain on Saturday evening was almost welcome (except for those who had leaky tents). Thankfully Don has a large building on site that we were able to hang out until it all passed.
I see lots of pictures in this thread but the stories are still to come I'm sure. Or maybe not... ;-)
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

great pics and story telling :) Vix you must have kept a jurnol to keep track of everybody :lol: :lol: Thanks again to everybody for making it a great weekend and Kathy can,t wait till next year!Cindy slept the whole way home
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Looks like alot of fun I hope to make it there someday. Great Pics and thanks to everyone sharing them.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Hi All! I'm home, got in about 2:30 pm, it's 4 now, been reading/looking at pics my buns off, lol.

Thanks to Don and Karin for having the 'Fest and us. I've met so many new but old names, it was, well....mind boggling :mrgreen:

By Paul's math, we drove about 3400 miles to get Danny and there. It was worth it........

Lshca, that pic of the two dogs up in your face is priceless. You have talent, and thanks for not posting you cleaned my clock at the 20,30,40, shoot, lol.

Mikey loved Dark Lady, met him in a parking lot, and handed it over. Great bow to a great guy. Somewhere, I lost track of a day, seems like Monday to me.

Peace..........
"Eze 18:21"
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

Great pictures and certainly appears all that were welcome there had a very good time. Should be lots of memories for everyone who attended.

Sounds like the BooFest will continue to thrive.
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Hey Darrel! Too bad you weren't there! Your gorgeous knife was admired and oooh'ed over. Jim (JKrug) was all smiles - it's gone to a good home!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
lscha

Post by lscha »

awshucks wrote:Hi All! I'm home, got in about 2:30 pm, it's 4 now, been reading/looking at pics my buns off, lol.

Lshca, that pic of the two dogs up in your face is priceless. You have talent, and thanks for not posting you cleaned my clock at the 20,30,40, shoot, lol.

Peace..........
I am happy to hear you made it home safely. It was an honor to meet you and my recollect was more like a lucky shot than cleaning your clock. :mrgreen:
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
diesel

Post by diesel »

Awesome pics and sure looks like everyone had a great time.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

lscha wrote:
awshucks wrote:Hi All! I'm home, got in about 2:30 pm, it's 4 now, been reading/looking at pics my buns off, lol.

Peace..........
I am happy to hear you made it home safely. It was an honor to meet you and my recollect was more like a lucky shot than cleaning your clock. :mrgreen:
Really? 3 times in a row? I was sooooo confident after literally pin wheeling the 40 at bench rest practice.

Alas, no cameras were present...................
"Eze 18:21"
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

A huge thank you to awshucks for the table to set my fox 3D target on at Boofest for my own target range while there. :D :D It will be put to good use. Always wanted one of them 18-1. Accually went out looking for one a couple times and store was sold out both times.
lscha

Post by lscha »

awshucks wrote:
Really? 3 times in a row? I was sooooo confident after literally pin wheeling the 40 at bench rest practice.

Alas, no cameras were present...................
Allowed one arrow, we each took a target:
40 yard - Lscha
30 yard - awshucks
20 yard - VixChix

awshucks had witnesses to his pin wheeled shot the day before.
I have my 40 yard shot photo (wanna see it??????) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Laura
Vixen II/Optimizer/RamCats/NGSS
Camx
Boo strings, top mounts
[url]http://www.michigancrossbowfederation.org[/url]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Crossbow-Federation/122974954384381
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Got home about 8:00 last night. I'm in the process of unpacking, laundry, fetching Colton from daughters house,etc.....etc....etc.Going to take a day off work and get all done and kick back a bit.I sure had a great time, and enjoyed meeting ALL of you and putting a face and a real name to a screen name. The real flightattendant flew out this morning on two three day trips backed up to each other( insert your own joke about a two week vacation here)All is back to normal,although nuthin' is normal 'round here!
Don and Karin, Thank you all so much for having us all out and being such great hosts.The amount of prep and work ya'll did was amazing.Most gracious.You put on a wonderful event and have a beautiful place in the country.Don, the amount of work you have in those food plots incredible. When a dynamo does a food plot....wow.
Great company, great fun, great friends. Thanks all I had a blast.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Some great pics there everyone!! I'll try to sort mine out and get them up soon. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

Sounds like everyone had a blast! Wish I could have made it. :( I could have used the vacation. :roll:

Come hell or high water, I'll be up there next year (unless something catastrophic happens)!
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.