re-installing dissapator pads???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Max-4

re-installing dissapator pads???

Post by Max-4 »

Hey, in the spring I took off my dissapator pads to relax my limbs for the summer on my 2011 Exocet 200. I want to re-install them now and sight in my bow again for the fall. I took a good look at the pads yesterday and noticed that they are tapered, thicker on one end than the other. I didn't pay attention to this when I took them off. Which way do they go back on? Thicker side towards the limb tip or thicker side towards the center of the bow? Thanks
Ont_Excal

Re: re-installing dissapator pads???

Post by Ont_Excal »

Max-4 wrote:Hey, in the spring I took off my dissapator pads to relax my limbs for the summer on my 2011 Exocet 200. I want to re-install them now and sight in my bow again for the fall. I took a good look at the pads yesterday and noticed that they are tapered, thicker on one end than the other. I didn't pay attention to this when I took them off. Which way do they go back on? Thicker side towards the limb tip or thicker side towards the center of the bow? Thanks
The pads were formed by the limbs; so install so they match the shape of the limb.

Thicker side towards the limb tip.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Thicker part toward tips.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Ah, the advantages of being observant, lol. I noticed in your sig line, you claim ownership- to an S-5. If this is on the same xbow as the one you are questioning re-installing diss set-up, my advice is don't.

This is only my IMHO, but I've ordered an S-5 from Danny w/ the intent of 86ing the diss setup on my Y-25.

Redundancy.................
"Eze 18:21"
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

so if i read this right !! puting on the S5 you don,t need the dissapater bars!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Yeppir, useless weight, imho...........The string stops make the diss bar setup useless, again, imho...........
"Eze 18:21"
Boo

Post by Boo »

I wouldn't call them completely useless but when you consider the weight and benefit I say leave them off and get an S5.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

awshucks wrote:Yeppir, useless weight, imho...........The string stops make the diss bar setup useless, again, imho...........
Dan, I completely agree.
I would call them less than useful...........ergo useless.
They were better than nothing until the S5 system came out.

Most strings tend to creep, some more than others.
Took my bow off the wall and had to adjust brace height.
After doing so, the pads no longer made contact with the limbs.
Once formed like that they do not bounce back................useless.
As the rubber ages it shrinks away form contacting the limbs.
The metal tab they are mounted to is little more than a tuning fork which will magnify noise to start with.

JMO though!
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

wow learn something new every time i read the forum! ok i have the s5 system. i to removed pads for the summer, and just put them back on. now if i want to remove the whole system that means removing the bolt that holds on the limb! not sure if i want to try that?? or should i just remove pads? but then as was stated, it woulkd be like a tuning fork... hmmm? what would be the proper and safe way to do this? thanks...
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Call Dan Miller at Horizontal Archery in Ohio.
He is at 740 483 2312.
He can walk you through the whole process and there will be other hardware you will need as what's on the bow now will be redundant.