re:new trigger question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Re: re:new trigger question

Post by Boo »

Bullzeye wrote:I only heard of the new trigger just before I left your place Don, really wished I could have tried it but I was already late leaving.Being a rifle hunter for over 25yrs I appreciate a nice trigger and the trigger is the one thing I do not like on my x- bow, so this is something I would be interested in also. Will these be drop in installation or will it require some tinkering(bowsmithing :) ) to correctly install it?
To have reasonable pricing we need to exchange trigger units so it would be a drop in deal.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
copperjohn

Post by copperjohn »

Thanks for addressing my question boo. I would definitely be interested in an upgrade.
Boo

Post by Boo »

I just got off the phone discussing pricing for y'all and we'll have to talk some more. In retrospect I should have had that info ready on presentation. We'll look at our costs and have a number by the end of the week.
Boo

Post by Boo »

enormous wrote:Matt was the 6'8" Sasquatch looking fellow in attendance who looked like he could eat Don fo a meal.
The first time I shook Mats' (his name is Mats) hand all I could think is...where's my hand? I want my hand back! :shock: I also wondered how much dog food he eats cauz he's so big he can't possibly afford to pay for human food! :mrgreen: Mats' name should be HUGE! :mrgreen:
I'm betting he can't catch me if I kick him in the shins and I bet he runs with his arms stretched straight out to keep balanced! :shock:
Sorry Mats, I couldn't help myself! Don't beat me next time you're at my cottage.....please! :D
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

Hey BOO. What ever u did to the trigger in my Nox is what would get my vote !Thanks again
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

I was able to try the 3d model trigger and thought it was great , would have one set up the same for my own use . Everyone that tried out one of the bows had the same grin on their face after shooting . It is a winner .

Mats is Mats is a Massive sized fellow . He ( and Norm ) will be on my team for the 2013 Boofest tackle foot game :roll:
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

I'll be givin you a call to drop by the shop or how to check it out in a couple weeks. Look forward to it.
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:D i shot the lighter trigger a couple of times, it was so smooth, might have to get one.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

Who do I many the money order out to? Would we be sending the "old" triggers to you or to Danny for us southern folks?
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

bigredopie wrote:Who do I many the money order out to? Would we be sending the "old" triggers to you or to Danny for us southern folks?

Just got the word Danny here in the U.S, Boo in Can.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Sounds all good with the trigger :D

I did not introduce myself to Mats but I did see Norm... So,,,I agree with Farmer, and I will be on Farmers Team :wink:
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

awshucks wrote:
Boo wrote:
mr meat wrote:I shot both bows and shot the lighter one first and it really surprised me! now with that said i think i prefered the harder or second bow the black one better!If i could do it all over again i would have shot them more my mistake!Just glad it was not me that dry fired your bow! :) Dry fireing mine was enough for me :) :lol:
Not to worry, if you dry-fired one of my bows you wouldn't be the first one or the last one! :shock:
Just ask Danny!
Just ask Gerry. :lol:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Boo

Post by Boo »

The triggers will be on an exchange basis for $150.00.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I was able to shoot both of the bows on Friday when I arrived and I must say I was very impressed. I'm not sure how to put into words how "clean" the trigger pull was on both units. Very smooth and precise! I really like the trade up idea too. Don please put me on the waiting list for one of these sweet triggers. :)
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
HW

Post by HW »

Danny bugged me to try both of these bows on Saturday afternoon. All I can say is wow. The lighter pull trigger shocked me a bit when it let go as it was such a clean release. I feel that the heavier pull trigger would be much better for a hunting application as all of us Canadians know, we wear gloves while we hunt and sticking your gloved finger in the trigger guard for the lighter trigger could cause you to shoot before you are ready. This trigger assembly will be a great improvement on an already great bow.

Congrats to Mats for an incredible design.
Exocet 175
Boo String (Red&Black)
GT II's
2" Blazers
Slick Tricks
Dan Miller Mount