re:new trigger question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

re:new trigger question

Post by Boo »

To answer copperjohn's question about a new trigger in Excalibur bows the answer is no.

There were two triggers debuted at Boofest. Danny Miller and I will be distributors if things go well.
One was set to 2.5 lbs and one was at 3.5 lbs. Both triggers were in my 200 lb bows. Of course a good friend of mine boogered a limb to get even with me for robin hooding his arrow in Arkansas :shock: Every time I look at it I giggle! :mrgreen:
The 2.5 lb trigger would be intended for 3D shooters. The 3.5 lb trigger is intended for hunting. I think that other than those who are picky rifle bench rest shooters you would want 3.5 or higher.
For those who shot the bows we need to know what you thought of it in regards to wanting more or less take up pressure, take up travel as well as trigger break poundage.The opinions of those who shot the bows with the triggers would be appreciated!
The trigger take up distance, take up tension and breaking pressure is all programmable at the time of assembly through drop in parts.
If anyone would care to shoot these it would be my pleasure to have you do so at my home, my place of business or any other convenient location (once I get new limbs). In the near future Craig at Gagnon's will be having a 3D trigger for those who are near Oshawa.
There are a lot of benefits to take up distance and pressure. 3D shooter may not want any but hunters should want a certain amount of take up. So please voice your opinion.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
awshucks

Re: re:new trigger question

Post by awshucks »

I shot the 'new' trigger at Danny Millers. I loved it, against my previous posts about a year or so ago when I was against it.

Actually, I tried to beat the rush, so to speak, by getting one at Boofest, but alas, that failed.

I'm on the list.........
"Eze 18:21"
Boo

Post by Boo »

hankenhunter wrote:Awesome! Less travel please. It bugs me to have to take up slack with the safety. Thanks Don.
Hank
Hank, the way this trigger is made you could have half an inch of travel but when you reach the point where it breaks you feel a wall. With the safety off and when you are about to shoot you can pull back to the wall and let go and the trigger resets itself. The break is like breaking a glass rod. Trust me, if you got your mitts on this trigger even with lots of travel you'd love it. For hunting reasons consider the take up as a second safety, that is our intention. That take up pressure can be really light or moderate. The take up on my triggers is a few ounces.
Again, take up travel and pressure/resistance is programmable at the time of assembly but not afterwards. It will not be user adjustable for obvious reasons.
Of course for 3D you could have very little but we don't know if we will be offering a 3D trigger. It all depends on feed back.
strum

Post by strum »

that sounds like something i would like very much..i like the idea of a (wall) kind of gives that " ok deer its about to get ugly) feeling. that is if im understanding the concept correctly..
my trigger was tweeked by Dan and i have no complaints at all....but...you got me thinking..
how much do you think its going to cost?
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Boo

Post by Boo »

strum wrote:that sounds like something i would like very much..i like the idea of a (wall) kind of gives that " ok deer its about to get ugly) feeling. that is if im understanding the concept correctly..
my trigger was tweeked by Dan and i have no complaints at all....but...you got me thinking..
how much do you think its going to cost?
We are not at that stage at this time. All I can tell you is that it will be on an exchange basis and the cost will not be crazy.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I loved the new trigger!

Some travel, but not more than I'd want. Crisp & precise. Smooth & positive.
Hard to describe the feeling.

You squeeze but you're not surprised when it "breaks over."
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

I shot both bows and shot the lighter one first and it really surprised me! now with that said i think i prefered the harder or second bow the black one better!If i could do it all over again i would have shot them more my mistake!Just glad it was not me that dry fired your bow! :) Dry fireing mine was enough for me :) :lol:
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
diesel

Post by diesel »

We are not at that stage at this time. All I can tell you is that it will be on an exchange basis and the cost will not be crazy.[/quote]

I like the way you guys think I always have that's why I bought an Excalibur Crossbow.
Yea I'm in.
Boo

Post by Boo »

mr meat wrote:I shot both bows and shot the lighter one first and it really surprised me! now with that said i think i prefered the harder or second bow the black one better!If i could do it all over again i would have shot them more my mistake!Just glad it was not me that dry fired your bow! :) Dry fireing mine was enough for me :) :lol:
Not to worry, if you dry-fired one of my bows you wouldn't be the first one or the last one! :shock:
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Boo wrote:
mr meat wrote:I shot both bows and shot the lighter one first and it really surprised me! now with that said i think i prefered the harder or second bow the black one better!If i could do it all over again i would have shot them more my mistake!Just glad it was not me that dry fired your bow! :) Dry fireing mine was enough for me :) :lol:
Not to worry, if you dry-fired one of my bows you wouldn't be the first one or the last one! :shock:
Just ask Danny!
"Eze 18:21"
Movingmd

Post by Movingmd »

Small pretravel, with a few ounce pull. Hit the second stage at 2.5lb breaking like glass. Sounds like a great winner to me. I shot 98mauser with stock 2 stage triggers! I want one! Put me high on the list please!
Exomag 200lb
Varizone
Munch Mount
Orange tiger vanes
Lazer 2
Muzzy fixed broad heads
Normous

Post by Normous »

Before I shot the 2.5 pound trigger I had the pleasure of meeting Matt the engineer behind this trigger. Matt was the 6'8" Sasquatch looking fellow in attendance who looked like he could eat Don fo a meal.

Anyway, after listening to Matt's background and explanation of the engineering behind this trigger I was confident that the right and capable man was behind this project.

I measure all triggers to the King of triggers otherwise know as Jewell Triggers. My custom 6mm 284 housed one of these high performance triggers and and they are truely the best.

After my first shot with the 2.5 pound trigger I knew this is what my Excalibur craved. The second shot sealed the deal. In my opinion this version does not need any more tweaking, I liked it that much. I did not shoot the 3.5 pound version due to a mysterious limb problem that Danny Miller was trouble shooting.

This trigger will certainly impress any Excalibur shooter who can appreciate a finer functioning trigger mechanism. Let up was short and very good, and the trigger broke clean without that seary creep noticed with the stock units.

I may have to long distance wrestle Awshucks for the first ones available. :)
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

I would sure like the 3d trigger !!!! sounds like the best thing since the wheel for us Excalibur owners!
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I only heard of the new trigger just before I left your place Don, really wished I could have tried it but I was already late leaving.Being a rifle hunter for over 25yrs I appreciate a nice trigger and the trigger is the one thing I do not like on my x- bow, so this is something I would be interested in also. Will these be drop in installation or will it require some tinkering(bowsmithing :) ) to correctly install it?
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Dang, I missed that at boofest. Serves me right for only being there for such a short time.

It sounds like an impressive pair of triggers.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-