re:new trigger question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

awshucks

Re: How to take out the trigger assembly

Post by awshucks »

strum wrote:Thank you, I think even I can do this! But, it may have to wait until after bow season![/quote]

I see this a lot..folks are afraid to do any changes close to the season..
just to add my 2 cent ..its true with vertical bows and cam crossbows that a change may turn out to take a lot of time and or be to complexe to mess with during the season..BUTTTT with the excal im not afraid to hunt in the morn...take every screw i can find out of it...put it back together with a new or different string..resight it in
(usualy takes less than 5 shots) and hunt..im that confident...and you can be too..thats the beauty of the simplistic way they are built..
yall dont be afraid to change a string or anything eles for that matter..it ok..
How true!
"Eze 18:21"
awshucks

Re: re:new trigger question

Post by awshucks »

I'll sign a liability paper if needed................Friggen lawyers! :mrgreen:
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

awshucks wrote:I'll sign a liability paper if needed................Friggen lawyers! :mrgreen:
They are a pain .
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Farmer wrote:
awshucks wrote:I'll sign a liability paper if needed................Friggen lawyers! :mrgreen:
They are a pain .
Yeah but they are driver by dumbass clients!!!!!!!!!
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
copperjohn

Post by copperjohn »

Ont_Excal wrote:
Farmer wrote:
They are a pain .
Yeah but they are driver by dumbass clients!!!!!!!!!
true, just check out the thread about new lawsuits on Archery Talk. Two cases are about clients trying to sue crossbow manufacturers because they got their thumbs severed from the string. My intuition tells me that they are parasites, but then again there are some folks that would not understand that a vented forearm on a barnett jackal, for instance, was meant to keep their fingers below the rail. :shock: Sad part about it is that they will probably get away with it......
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

This is why for sooooooooo many years Ruger triggers were 7 to 8 lbs :shock: and people called them "lawyer triggers"
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Boo wrote:I hate to put a damper on everyone's excitement but I have to hear back from my insurance company before we proceed any further.
I would imagine the liability insurance won't be cheap. Hopeful it doesn't make marketing the new triggers economically unfeasible. That would be a shame. :cry:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I am thinking liability insurance for such a product will be high, though your insurance company may just ask you to have everyone who purchases your trigger sign a liability waiver that states that you the seller cannot be held responsible for problems caused by your trigger , and basically the customer waives their rights to make a liability claim if they are injured using your trigger.

Then again I am just assuming here, and we all remember what our moms said when we assume something.
Last edited by Bullzeye on Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

A bit off topic === What do you call a busload of lawyers that drive off a cliff ?

A GOOD START !
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Farmer wrote:A bit off topic === What do you call a busload of lawyers that drive off a cliff ?

A GOOD START !

What do you call a busload of lawyers going off a cliff with two empty seats?
A damn shame.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
TPM

Post by TPM »

Bullzeye wrote:
Farmer wrote:A bit off topic === What do you call a busload of lawyers that drive off a cliff ?

A GOOD START !

What do you call a busload of lawyers going off a cliff with two empty seats?
A damn shame.

99% of lawyers give the rest of them a bad name...
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

ComfyBear wrote: I would imagine the liability insurance won't be cheap. Hopeful it doesn't make marketing the new triggers economically unfeasible.
Can't be any worse than the insurance Excalibur would have to carry for a crossbow.

An engineering degree and a patent would go a long way to keep insurance costs down.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
rej

Post by rej »

Still a bit new on here so I hope this is not a stupid question. I see many on here say how pleased they are with their trigger that Boo has tuned. What is the difference between what he has done in the past and these new triggers other than you are exchanging one for another. I am very interested in one of these myself as that is the only thing about my Vortex I dislike a bit. $150 is a very reasonable price if they are as good as what I read posted here.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Keep those lawyer jokes coming! I love it! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Know the diff between a road killed lawyer and a road kill snake? Skid marks in front of the snake. :mrgreen:

Guy's in a cemetery and reads on a tombstone "Here lies John Brown, a lawyer and an honest man." He goes and asks the groundskeeper why they are burying them 3 deep. :mrgreen: