copperjohn

Re: re:new trigger question

Post by copperjohn »

When will they be ready?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Boo

Post by Boo »

copperjohn wrote:When will they be ready?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Worst case scenario is likely the end of Sept but likely mid-Sept.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

automated11 wrote:Can they be made with non corrosive parts for an upcharge? Stainless maybe?
As I understand it, that's part of the plan.........
"Eze 18:21"
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

$150 is not a bad price for: drilling both the box and the lid, installing one of two diameter pins, making a new sear and trigger..............
"Eze 18:21"
snuffbox

Post by snuffbox »

Could I have one sent to England please
jeshoffstall

Post by jeshoffstall »

I am ok with the price, I am ok with the exchange and really, really want the hunting model.

However, how difficult will it be for a user to remove the existing trigger assembly/install the new one?

Will instructions be provided?

What is the turnaround? Love that it is coming out in Sep, but that is bow season where I live :D

Would you do an advance exchange where we pay you $150 plus X, and when you get our old trigger you refund X?

Thanks,
Jack
ELLIS

How to take out the trigger assembly

Post by ELLIS »

Here you go "jeshoffstall", my instructions posted here earlier on how to remove the trigger assembly.

Remove the scope mount from the crossbow.

Looking at the bottom of the crossbow you will see two allen screws, one in the forestock and one directly in front of the trigger (there is an access hole through the trigger guard). Remove both screws.

During this procedure remember location of all screws when taking them out. Lengths will vary and location of the longer and shorter screws is very important.

Now the rail/trigger/safety/latch/arrow retainer/limb assembly is ready to be disassembled from the stock. Do not peel away the stock from the rail assembly like one would peel a banana. The stock will catch the end of the trigger and probably will bend it. What you want to do is remove the stock from the rail assembly by moving the stock straight down from it. This can easily be done by holding the rail assembly in one hand and slapping the stock straight down with the other. I do this just above and in the middle of a table so the stock doesn’t have far to go.

Turn the rail assembly upside down on the table. The trigger/safety/latch/arrow retainer assembly is attached to the end of the rail by two allen screws. One is right at the end of the rail and the other is in front of the trigger. You might have to move the trigger back to see it. There is a third screw directly behind the trigger. This holds the trigger to the assembly. Leave this one alone. Undo both of the other screws. The trigger/safety/latch/arrow retainer assembly will come out by gently pulling it back and up from the rail.

If you are shipping the trigger out for a trigger job remove the arrow retainer first. Note that the two screws holding the retainer in place are of different lengths. Keep track of their location.
Equinox (2011)
Leupold VX-2 3-9x33mm Ultralight EFR Scope
HHA Optimizer
TriggerTech Target Trigger
OFAH Member
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

awshucks wrote:
automated11 wrote:Can they be made with non corrosive parts for an upcharge? Stainless maybe?
As I understand it, that's part of the plan.........
Timney uses a nickle teflon coating. maybe something like that. also how about a kit for those who can drill and tap and are familiar with working on triggers.
Normous

Post by Normous »

foofoo wrote:
also how about a kit for those who can drill and tap and are familiar with working on triggers.
There is more to it than that. Mats said exchange only, no self install kits will be offered.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
jeshoffstall

Re: How to take out the trigger assembly

Post by jeshoffstall »

ELLIS wrote:Here you go "jeshoffstall", my instructions posted here earlier on how to remove the trigger assembly.

Remove the scope mount from the crossbow.

Looking at the bottom of the crossbow you will see two allen screws, one in the forestock and one directly in front of the trigger (there is an access hole through the trigger guard). Remove both screws.

During this procedure remember location of all screws when taking them out. Lengths will vary and location of the longer and shorter screws is very important.

Now the rail/trigger/safety/latch/arrow retainer/limb assembly is ready to be disassembled from the stock. Do not peel away the stock from the rail assembly like one would peel a banana. The stock will catch the end of the trigger and probably will bend it. What you want to do is remove the stock from the rail assembly by moving the stock straight down from it. This can easily be done by holding the rail assembly in one hand and slapping the stock straight down with the other. I do this just above and in the middle of a table so the stock doesn’t have far to go.

Turn the rail assembly upside down on the table. The trigger/safety/latch/arrow retainer assembly is attached to the end of the rail by two allen screws. One is right at the end of the rail and the other is in front of the trigger. You might have to move the trigger back to see it. There is a third screw directly behind the trigger. This holds the trigger to the assembly. Leave this one alone. Undo both of the other screws. The trigger/safety/latch/arrow retainer assembly will come out by gently pulling it back and up from the rail.

If you are shipping the trigger out for a trigger job remove the arrow retainer first. Note that the two screws holding the retainer in place are of different lengths. Keep track of their location.

Thank you, I think even I can do this! But, it may have to wait until after bow season!
strum

Re: How to take out the trigger assembly

Post by strum »

Thank you, I think even I can do this! But, it may have to wait until after bow season![/quote]

I see this a lot..folks are afraid to do any changes close to the season..
just to add my 2 cent ..its true with vertical bows and cam crossbows that a change may turn out to take a lot of time and or be to complexe to mess with during the season..BUTTTT with the excal im not afraid to hunt in the morn...take every screw i can find out of it...put it back together with a new or different string..resight it in
(usualy takes less than 5 shots) and hunt..im that confident...and you can be too..thats the beauty of the simplistic way they are built..
yall dont be afraid to change a string or anything eles for that matter..it ok..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Well Sept. is to close to Christmas for me to dish out any money on my bow, but I will definitely put my name in for one in the New Year. :D
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
CBRon

Post by CBRon »

Please help me understand ,
To get this new trigger I would have to send $150.00 plus my trigger witch I think I read on here costs about 150.00 to replace. And get the new trigger back ?
I bought my Vixen bare bow for 350.00..
If thats the case I will just have to envy you guys , I Can't afford that at this time ... Thanks , Ron
VIXEN 2 , PHOENIX
Normous

Post by Normous »

Complete quality aftermarket gun triggers such as Timney or Jewell for popular firearms run $180 upwards to $320 for your comparison Ron.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Boo

Post by Boo »

I hate to put a damper on everyone's excitement but I have to hear back from my insurance company before we proceed any further.
Some people just like stepping on rakes