More Boofest Good News

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

awshucks

More Boofest Good News

Post by awshucks »

Almost forgot this. Knowing that Vixchik had a V-zone and a HHN Optimiser on her bow, I talked Danny Miller into bringing a couple of scopes up w/ us.

He was concerned about bringing them in through Customs but figured 'spares' was the answer.

Long story short, Vix now has a 2x7 Redfield, which will be awesome for hunting and 3-D.

The problem arose when we were packing up to leave. There was a box that had the remaining scope [high buck Leupold] and an electronic game caller went 'walk-a-bout'.

We looked and looked and never found it. Don was going to go through the garbage after we left.

I was doubtful it would be found as it was worth over $500. I felt bad as it was my idea.

Well, Kevin Nolastname called, it was in his truck. That was a huge relief, restored my faith in humanity, lol. There were several Kevins present, maybe he can add to this tale.

Just had to add this and give a Kevin attaboy..........
"Eze 18:21"
one shot scott

Re: More Boofest Good News

Post by one shot scott »

Further proof of the high quality people that are forum members here.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
TPM

Post by TPM »

I know which Kevin it was but I'll let him chime in. I'm not surprised he called to straighten it out when he realized he had it in his truck. :D
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I have to thank both Danny Miller and Dan/'Shucks for my great new scope! I was OVERJOYED!!!! Gonna kick some 3D butt now for sure!

Seriously - you guys have no idea how thrilled I was that you thought of me and brought up that scope.

It was a REAL HONOUR to get to know you a little bit. Was a bit star-struck... or something like that! :D

As for the missing box, I know for a fact that the person who accidentally packed it up, did so in during the thunderstorm and was in a hurry to get somewhere dry. When he got home and realized there were other items in the box he felt sick about it. He's very relieved to have the situtation cleared up - as I'm sure Don and Danny were too.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
HW

Post by HW »

Only 360 days till next year's event. Just bring them back to the scene of the almost crime.
Exocet 175
Boo String (Red&Black)
GT II's
2" Blazers
Slick Tricks
Dan Miller Mount
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

awshucks wrote: He was concerned about bringing them in through Customs but figured 'spares' was the answer.
Actually you would have no problem at our border, they do not care, its a U.S export law that restricts you on bringing across scopes without the proper export papers, so you only would have been busted if you were stopped on the US side coming to the Canadian border, which by the way is starting to happen more and more at my local border crossings.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

awshucks wrote: He was concerned about bringing them in through Customs but figured 'spares' was the answer.
Actually you would have no problem at our border they do not care, its the US that has the restriction on bringing across scopes without the proper export papers, so you only would have been busted if you were stopped on the US side coming to the border.

Glad everything worked out, I saw that Big smile on Vixchik's face when she was checking the scope out. :D
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Bullzeye wrote:that Big smile on Vixchik's face when she was checking the scope out. :D
I was like a kid at Christmas! I might even have been more excited than when I shot the buck last fall. It was tough to decide which scope to choose! They were both beautiful.

I've wanted to upgrade for quite some time, but Dan & Danny's timing was perfect so I indulged in an early birthday present. THANK YOU!!!

You guys ROCK! :D
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

wow1 glad everything worked out!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Glad things turned out All Good for you awshucks :D
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
Boo

Post by Boo »

Kevin called me and said "Don, I did something really, really stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid (5 times). I had to tell him to stop. :shock:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Boo wrote:Kevin called me and said "Don, I did something really, really stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid (5 times). I had to tell him to stop. :shock:

:lol: :lol: :shock:
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Good to hear it got straightened out. Last I saw the game call it was in a box on the back of the big Kubota while we were seeking shelter from the monsoon.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

All's well that ends well, and this one ended well!!!
"Eze 18:21"
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Dbl. post :oops:
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone