lost my deer call.......

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wabi

lost my deer call.......

Post by wabi »

Went to put my fanny pack in order for the upcoming season and couldn't locate my custom deer call. :(

Got my new DaGriz knife scary sharp and ready to go, got my "tagging kit" (small heavy-duty ziplock bags to hold the tag, pen to fill out the tag, & cable ties for attaching them to the deer) packed, got my field dressing gloves (shoulder length vinyl + latex gloves) packed, got my UV flashlight (for finding arrows) packed, got my lightweight raincoat packed, got my spare "Boo" string (& "slave" string for changing)packed, got my headlight (Fenix LED) packed, but couldn't locate my deer call. :evil: :oops:

So................
dug through my callmaking supplies and found a couple reed kits, picked out a nice turning square, fired up the lathe, and made me a new call. :D

Then...............
my son reminded me he's hunting this year and he doesn't have a call. :lol:

Got up this morning and made him his own personal call. :wink:

Bring on the pre-rut - we're ready now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
Last edited by wabi on Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wabi
roly

Re: lost my deer call.......

Post by roly »

Sweet, great lookin call

your old one will probly turn up now
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Nice looking calls Mike,
I still use the two I got from you,, Love them! :D

Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Just the right time of the human pre-pre-rut. I have to have one of those. PM sent. Really great looking call Mike.
Cryon

Post by Cryon »

Wow those are some great looking calls you have made Wabi!
The wood grain on the top one in the picture is beautiful
Exocet 165
Vixen Deluxe
Shadow Zone
Ibex SMF
Boo Custom Strings
Vixenmaster Strings
Munch Mounts
bugs

Post by bugs »

Nice :D I lost my flashlight once turkey hunting but I found it in the leaves near my tree 3 months later :oops:
To be a vegetarian is to listen to the live carrot gradually screaming as it drowns in a pot of boiling water …. Which is more ethical to you ?? :roll: :lol:
subneural

Post by subneural »

I feel your pain. I just realized that I've "misplaced" my Leatherman (a Skeletool CX) :( , that I've carried daily for probably 2 years. I really hope it turns up.
Boo-strung, GroundPounded and Varizoned Phoenix, sold.
PSE Brute X pushing Easton Flatlines topped with Rage 3-blades.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

subneural wrote:I feel your pain. I just realized that I've "misplaced" my Leatherman (a Skeletool CX) :( , that I've carried daily for probably 2 years. I really hope it turns up.
I misplaced a Leatherman wave that I owned for years back when the cases were actually made of leather. Went and bought a new one and found the original one a short time later. Ain't that always the way. :)

Wabi those are some beautiful deer calls. If you happen to be making any more I'd love to buy one from you.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
wabi

Post by wabi »

Sliver,
That blackwood call is one of my favorites! I love the way that wood finishes & holds up! Harder to find blackwood now, and the price has gone up quite a bit! :(

I may make a few calls this fall & winter. If I do I'll post them here on the forum. Now that my son is getting old enough where constant attention isn't required when he's in the shop with me I can again do a little work like that. :lol:
wabi
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

wabi wrote:Sliver,
That blackwood call is one of my favorites! I love the way that wood finishes & holds up! Harder to find blackwood now, and the price has gone up quite a bit! :(
:
Great call I won't go into the woods without it :lol:

I use them both. The cocabola is set with a doe call, and the blackwood is my buck call.... And it works at calling them in :wink:
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
Bigtime

Post by Bigtime »

Tyler and I still have the set that you so graciously made for us several years ago Wabi. They sure do call em' in buddy :wink: .