I am an odd ball.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wheelie

I am an odd ball.

Post by wheelie »

I have shot two inch blazers for years. Now that a company invested in another crossbow company I made up my mind to switch back to 4 inch veins with radical helix. Figure if they are good enough for Excalibur they are good enough for me. Starting off with Crazyfarmers custom arrows and test eight of them I have left over from years ago. Pictures to come. :o :o :o See what you done Ken? LOL All is good.
joe171

Re: I am an odd ball.

Post by joe171 »

LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,odd ball....... don't think so driven probably opinionated absolutely lol :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

what are you going to do with the jig by Bohning ( helix 3 degrees ) I can use another

Joe171
copperjohn

Post by copperjohn »

Good point wheelie; I hadn't thought about that yet. Buying supplies from bohning indirectly means that I'm supporting middleton. I reckon I'll be switching to norway fusions then.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Somebody at Boostock was talking about a vane that they use thats about the same size as a Blazer, but a little stiffer(guides arrow better) and adheres a little better, and they were really sold on 'em. I just dont remember who it was. A good chance it was Boo or Danny Miller but I'm not sure, I talked to a lot of folks that weekend. Maybe someone will pipe in and help my poor memory.Being about the same size I think you could get by with the same jigs as the Blazers, eliminating at least one problem.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

joe171 wrote:LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,odd ball....... don't think so driven probably opinionated absolutely lol :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

what are you going to do with the jig by Bohning ( helix 3 degrees ) I can use another

Joe171
Keeping it Joe. Acually I liked it so much I bought a Bohning 3 degrees for the long veins as well. Keeping blazers on my verticals. I have a bow or two around home here. LOL
joe171

Post by joe171 »

wheelie wrote:
joe171 wrote:LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,odd ball....... don't think so driven probably opinionated absolutely lol :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Joe171
Keeping it Joe. Acually I liked it so much I bought a Bohning 3 degrees for the long veins as well. Keeping blazers on my verticals. I have a bow or two around home here. LOL
A bow or two.....A bow or two...........I saw your pictures LOL

Joe
joe171

Post by joe171 »

flightattendant100 wrote:Somebody at Boostock was talking about a vane that they use thats about the same size as a Blazer, but a little stiffer(guides arrow better) and adheres a little better, and they were really sold on 'em. I just dont remember who it was. A good chance it was Boo or Danny Miller but I'm not sure, I talked to a lot of folks that weekend. Maybe someone will pipe in and help my poor memory.Being about the same size I think you could get by with the same jigs as the Blazers, eliminating at least one problem.
Paul............I think what you might be thinking about are ..........Aerovane by Firenock
http://www.firenock.com/main.php?page=AerovaneFAQs
but I think they are more expensive and I think you need a special jig

Joe :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Hey Joe, can you tell I am bored not being in Michigan International Speedway for the first time in 15 years this weekend? LOL Wife has been sick all summer so I sold my tickets for this year. :( :( :(
joe171

Post by joe171 »

wheelie wrote:Hey Joe, can you tell I am bored not being in Michigan International Speedway for the first time in 15 years this weekend? LOL Wife has been sick all summer so I sold my tickets for this year. :( :( :(
I hung up the tool belts and gauge set & reclaimers 5/6 years ago but now that I have gotten back in the archery this last year never boarded lol

I thought you trip to Dons Place might have made your Lady feel better you know change of scenery new faces and conversations Look after her with the ladies we are nolthing just don't lat them know we feel that way

in Michigan International Speedway for the first time in 15 years this weekend? ..........I`ts called withdraw symptoms LOL

Joe :D :D :D
wabi

Post by wabi »

I was looking at Trueflight feathers (web site) this weekend and see they have a new shield cut 2" x 17/32" (1.2gr weight) feather.
I'm going to try them!

The site said free samples, but no way I could find to order them, so I emailed customer service. They said they would send me some samples! :D

I've got a feeling they will look great fletched with the new "Bolt" helical.
wabi
joe171

Post by joe171 »

wabi wrote:I was looking at Trueflight feathers (web site) this weekend and see they have a new shield cut 2" x 17/32" (1.2gr weight) feather.
I'm going to try them!

The site said free samples, but no way I could find to order them, so I emailed customer service. They said they would send me some samples! :D

I've got a feeling they will look great fletched with the new "Bolt" helical.
Hi Wabi I looked at the sight you mentioned ( always looking foe something better lol ).
don't feathers have to be treated ( wet protection ) ie: snow rain ets ..I`m now expert just curious

Joe