2in.Blazer vanes vs shrink fletch

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bullzeye

2in.Blazer vanes vs shrink fletch

Post by Bullzeye »

So I was thinking of trying out some of the 2in. Blazers, they seem to be popular, seen people with them at Boo fest and there is always talk of them here. What is the difference between the vanes you glue on with a jig and those shrink fletch ones you dip in hot water other than price, and not being able to repair one vane on the shrink fletch ones ??
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
copperjohn

Re: 2in.Blazer vanes vs shrink fletch

Post by copperjohn »

Ive read that if you shoot them up to the vanes in a target you can forget it. The edge of the wrap peels back and they are toast.
Gwen's Dilemma

Post by Gwen's Dilemma »

Not much experience with wraps but buried one completely in a target. Wrap didn't roll back and after heating the fletching to straighten it back out, the arrow/bolt was shooting bulls consistantly again :wink:
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I love the Blazer vanes. I have used the shrink wrap with blazer vanes also, and they work great. The only problem I've seen with them is one of my vanes is too close to the back of my arrow and the arrow won't slide all the way back to touch at the nock and string. Its pretty expensive to just strip it off and shrink it a little farther forward on the bolt. Out of a dozen I only had one that I messed up.

I have started experimenting with the Blazer X2's they are 1.75 instead of 2 inches and so far they are shooting great. These aren't as tall and fit better in the rail than the 2 inch blazers.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

My thinking was to try a few wraps to see if I like them before investing in a jig.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Hester0305 wrote:

I have started experimenting with the Blazer X2's they are 1.75 instead of 2 inches and so far they are shooting great. These aren't as tall and fit better in the rail than the 2 inch blazers.
So there's a clearance issue with the two inch vanes??
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone