OT Wish me luck...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

georgiaboy

OT Wish me luck...

Post by georgiaboy »

because this saturday Sept. 1 is the day i give my baby girl's hand away in marriage. :(
I just hope i don't make a fool of myself and cry all the way down the aisle. Lord where has the time gone. I was the first to hold her when she was born, changed countless diaper's :shock: helped her to learn how to walk, ride a bike & danced with her at the 5th grade prom. Managed to survive the teenage years :? and cried like a baby the day she backed out my driveway to move to california.
And now getting married...almost more than one old man can take. Thank the good Lord he's a good man & loves her dearly.
Wish me luck...hope i can keep myself together.
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
birddog10

Re: OT Wish me luck...

Post by birddog10 »

Well good luck with you. I have two boys. Can't stand not having them home sometimes, especially now that one's off to college. Having a daughter might be a lot tougher though. This is just another great memory for you.
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

First of all,,,,, CONGRATULATIONS!!

and Good Luck keeping it all together :wink:
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
roly

Post by roly »

I know how you feel, my daughter is in her thirties
happily married to a great man, to me she's still 12 years old and I miss her not being home

Something about daddys little girl.
Boo

Post by Boo »

georgiaboy wrote:because this saturday Sept. 1 is the day i give my baby girl's hand away in marriage. :(
I just hope i don't make a fool of myself and cry all the way down the aisle. Lord where has the time gone. I was the first to hold her when she was born, changed countless diaper's :shock: helped her to learn how to walk, ride a bike & danced with her at the 5th grade prom. Managed to survive the teenage years :? and cried like a baby the day she backed out my driveway to move to california.
And now getting married...almost more than one old man can take. Thank the good Lord he's a good man & loves her dearly.
I just married off my oldest last month and it was great to see another milestone in her life. You aren't loosing her, you are just seeing her grow up and go through stages of her life!
If she has a decent man in her life then it's all good!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

georgiaboy wrote:because this saturday Sept. 1 is the day i give my baby girl's hand away in marriage. :(
Was about 4 years ago I walked my daughter down the isle.I was fine until they started playing the "wedding march" or what ever its called for us to walk in by.I cant tell you how to have dry eyes during this 'cause I dont know.We all made it through and you will too, a few tears never hurt anybody. Good luck and congrats to you and your daughter. I hope you wind up with as good a son-in law as I did.
rayman

Post by rayman »

Good luck on that one. Worse things than having an emotional dispay though. Last summer one of my oldest and closest friends walked his little girl down the isle and I was nearly a wreck. I told the poor groom that his ass was going to be fried chicken if he hurt Amanda.
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Man, do not ask me. I would a crying baby for months after. Got to be tough. Does the kid thats taking your daughter from you hunt? That would be the first true test. Next one I can not talk about. :(
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

agingcrossbower wrote:Man, do not ask me. I would a crying baby for months after. Got to be tough. Does the kid thats taking your daughter from you hunt? That would be the first true test. Next one I can not talk about. :(
He's never been hunting but want's to learn. Loves to shoot firearms & has quite the collection. 8) Got him in the back yard today with the vortex...me thinks an excal is in his future. :mrgreen:
He's an E-6 in the air force...will start his training after the first of the year for the air force version of special forces...a fine young man that i'm very proud of. :D
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Blood on the floor

Post by Blood on the floor »

Don`t put Your chin on Your chest, put Your head up.
and breath. [ breath deep]
And a big congrats on a new milestone.
mark 10 :13
Cookies

Post by Cookies »

georgiaboy wrote:
agingcrossbower wrote:Man, do not ask me. I would a crying baby for months after. Got to be tough. Does the kid thats taking your daughter from you hunt? That would be the first true test. Next one I can not talk about. :(
He's never been hunting but want's to learn. Loves to shoot firearms & has quite the collection. 8) Got him in the back yard today with the vortex...me thinks an excal is in his future. :mrgreen:
He's an E-6 in the air force...will start his training after the first of the year for the air force version of special forces...a fine young man that i'm very proud of. :D
first Congrats and you will be just like all the other dads with a tear running down your cheek to show how much she means to you. Second it shounds like there should be two Excaliburs as a wedding gift. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Proud owner of a Vixen II Pink Camo and a Matrix 310, Matrix Bulldog 330, Big John Custom Black Eagle Arrows (Zombie Slayers), Custom Boo Strings, G5 Pink Broadheads, Lumenoks
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Let me know if anything eases the pain. I'm having a hard time with my first going to college.

Congrats . . . I think . . .
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen