Clone question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Re: Clone question

Post by vixenmaster »

Ret V bow wrote:
xbowkidd wrote:i came across this "beauty" of a clone and noticed the specs were very similar to the exomax, except the power stroke is 2" shorter but they are still claiming 345fps. any ideas on how this would be achieved? my guess is if it is only a 14.5" power stroke and still 225lb draw weight, it must have much heaver limbs on it. just trying to satisfy my curiosity...

http://www.arrow-precision.com/Arrow_ou ... ssbow.html
It's made in the same Chinese factories that a large number of "US" bow makers use for their X bow components.
It seems to be a copy of the Exomax to a certain extent and that's a shame but seems to be a given with China. All the BEST makers of various products are copied by them.
I've bow hunted for over 30yrs. I've had several injuries to my back and shoulder in Iraq that finally ended my V bow days. I love bow hunting but wasn't financially able to afford an X-cal so I bought the Wildfire II package because it was like the X-cal which is a great bow and a great company.
To be honest it's well made and the scope is outstanding as well. I changed the factory string to a FFF string 1989 and used Archoil AR2400 on the rail. It shoots 331fps with the package included carbon arrows w/100 grain tip.
I meant no disrespect to Excalibur's creator/company but I love to bow hunt and didn't want to miss deer season.
I understand & we all have to do what we must do. I will say this, because the Matrix has taken over the Excal scene. The used Exo models out there used can be had fer $300-$450& thats a bargain
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

I'd have to agree. One of the guys in our club bought one of the knock-off bows, Jianjing or something, and IIRC he paid real close to $500 for a bow/scope/arrow package deal. I tried my best to get him to buy a used Excal, even found a couple on Craigslist for him in that price range, no deal. Hope he doesnt regret it.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

She's an old thread, circa 2012. Excal brought out the axiom and offered folks another entry level option.

With the new matrix line I 'spect there's new copyrights, I wonder if that prevents cloning to a certain degree?
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

one shot scott wrote:She's an old thread, circa 2012. Excal brought out the axiom and offered folks another entry level option.

With the new matrix line I 'spect there's new copyrights, I wonder if that prevents cloning to a certain degree?
I would wager it does & its wid the way the Riser fits into the mainframe/rail!
Half Bubble Off BD360

Still Hunter

Post by Still Hunter »

Cloning of crossbows good idea bad idea. I would say with weapons and cars you get what you pay for. I wouldn't buy a $500.00 car nor would I buy $150.00 crossbow. If it shoots straight and you like it well that's fine I can't say how anyone should spend their money. These times are hard and hey if gets you out in the field or whoever than great just be that little extra cautious.
Hunting is in our blood, it is our passion. Hunters are all like minded to an extent but its the fact that we are archers that makes us brothers.
Fred T

Post by Fred T »

Target practice maybe.Carrying marginal equipment out to the ground blind/tree stand,no thanks.
Ibex SMF-S5-TactZone-BE Zombies/blazers
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

No thanks on a clone! Waste of money!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
JUDGE

Post by JUDGE »

I have not seen any knockoffs yet, but considering the cost of all Excalibur .
They need a little competition.
Competition is good for all of us keeps companies honest.

Excalibur also has their limbs made in China ( Nothing Wrong With That)
Wonder what the Chinese pay their employees to make Excalibur limbs.
So don't be too upset that the knockoffs are from China. But don't expect any service like we get from Excalibur either.
Retired from the Working World

MICRO 355
50 CAL Traditions Pursuit
Mosburg 100ATR 30-06
Henry Lever 22lr
Mosburg 500
Savage 243
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Yer claiming that Excal has their limbs made in China! I have been told they make them in house at the factory? I suppose you do have proof that Excals limbs are all made in China correct ?
Half Bubble Off BD360

maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

I've been to the factory in Canada and seen the machine that makes the limbs and I wasn't in china. :lol:
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Xbowkiller

Post by Xbowkiller »

Ret V bow wrote:
xbowkidd wrote:i came across this "beauty" of a clone and noticed the specs were very similar to the exomax, except the power stroke is 2" shorter but they are still claiming 345fps. any ideas on how this would be achieved? my guess is if it is only a 14.5" power stroke and still 225lb draw weight, it must have much heaver limbs on it. just trying to satisfy my curiosity...

http://www.arrow-precision.com/Arrow_ou ... ssbow.html
It's made in the same Chinese factories that a large number of "US" bow makers use for their X bow components.
It seems to be a copy of the Exomax to a certain extent and that's a shame but seems to be a given with China. All the BEST makers of various products are copied by them.
I've bow hunted for over 30yrs. I've had several injuries to my back and shoulder in Iraq that finally ended my V bow days. I love bow hunting but wasn't financially able to afford an X-cal so I bought the Wildfire II package because it was like the X-cal which is a great bow and a great company.
To be honest it's well made and the scope is outstanding as well. I changed the factory string to a FFF string 1989 and used Archoil AR2400 on the rail. It shoots 331fps with the package included carbon arrows w/100 grain tip.
I meant no disrespect to Excalibur's creator/company but I love to bow hunt and didn't want to miss deer season.
So you joined this forum yesterday just to post this story huh? How did you know someone was talking about this bows that you have owned for a while? :shock:
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

It must be a guy selling those Chinese bows who made that post. Likely hoping someone new who is browsing the Excal forum will be drawn to the cheap ones. I can see no other reason why this 2 year old thread would be dragged back to the top.

It's already been said, the pre-matrix excaliburs are now inexpensive enough that a good name brand, bullet proof Excalibur can be bought by anyone 2nd hand.

A crossbow is not something to cheap out on.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Big John

Post by Big John »

That guy "JUDGE" doesn't have a clue!
All Excal Limbs are made in Kitchener!
Been there a few times and watched them being made! They go on "ALL" Excalibur Crossbows!!!
Don't come on here to make stuff up and lead people on to believe something you just make up!!!
Not Cool !!!

Big John

Sorry guys, but that isn't cool. Way off base for him.!
I'd stay and argue, but I'm now going to be off for a while, but I'll gladly continue this when I get back from the hospitals.
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

If I want a clone, I'll get another Excalibur! Worth every cent! 8) 330 Matrix is next on my list! 8)
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!