Should Our Government ship Jobs out of Country

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Vormax

Re: Should Our Government ship Jobs out of Country

Post by Vormax »

Boo wrote:If we in Ontario or the whole of Canada were too busy to bid or to bid high enough to get the contract how do we expect to see a Canadian stamp on the envelopes? Shouldn't we be happy to see a stamp from our best trading partners?
Sorry everyone, I don't see an issue here and I am happy it went to the US rather than off-shore.
Nothing wrong with the US. Still a great Country and certainly better than off-shore.

In the end also a transfer of knowledge, revenue and positive spin-off effects.

I am sure there's people in Canada who are able to design, implement, run and maintain a system like this. Schools popping out IT-people, RIM popping out IT-people and propbably some more companies.

Outsourcing cheaper ? At least my Moose licence was more this season.

What happens if the US$ strengthens against the Ca$ ? Let's say 15% higher US$. Sending business south is a good start. Will licence fees go up 15% ?

This is a newspaper-quote from the 13th Aug 2012 :
"The Ontario government is partnering with Research In Motion Ltd. to help laid-off technology workers in Waterloo, Ont., as the smartphone giant continues with a restructuring process that will see around 5,000 employees lose their jobs.

The Ontario government, in a news release on Monday, said it had partnered with RIM, local tech hub Communitech and the region’s two universities – the University of Waterloo and Wilfrid Laurier University – to provide more spaces in enterpreneurship and business programs, as well as an action centre that will help laid-off workers find new jobs or get employment counselling."

Whole thing just doesn't make sense to me....too short sighted
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

As far as a world economy goes, that's a whole lotta you know what.
Just an excuse to gouge the wealth out of north America to the rest of the world.
We can all compete with fair trade but not the way the current circumstances tilt the table away from us.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Just pulled the envelope out of the paper recycling and found this on it.

Mailed from 37214.
Belongs to............Davidson County, TN.
Cost of postage is $0.85

Question then is, do we save anything after the additional cross border postal rate???
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
goosesmasher

Post by goosesmasher »

Tax payers dollars should stay in country period.As a Canadian thats how I feel and I'm sure our friends to the south feel the same way and why shouldn't they!

Goose smasher
philman

Post by philman »

Our tax dollars should stay in our country. It doesn't matter where the jobs went the point here is that these are Canadian jobs and they are gone! I wouldn't feel any worst if they went overseas. I feel for the Canadian families who are affected by this. :( :?
Boo

Post by Boo »

How is the job going to stay I Canada when no Canadian company wanted it?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Boo wrote:How is the job going to stay I Canada when no Canadian company wanted it?
We already had a working system.
The MNR already has a working website.
Seems to me it's only about cutting jobs.

Will you think the same way if Excalibur were to move south??
Tom

Post by Tom »

Boo wrote:How is the job going to stay I Canada when no Canadian company wanted it?
Sorry Don but I have to disagree with you on this one issue. First of all, I have heard that ONLY 1 quote was received on this. To me, if that is true (only 1) then something was wrong with the tendering process. I also remember that our government has in the past requested more tenders when very few have applied.

Secondly, this was not a new fulfillment of something new, it was to basically fire the people that were doing that job in Canada. In my Mind, is was the provincial government rushing to get rid of civil servants no matter what.

This system has also caused so many problems for our local retailers (which has carried our system and us in the past) that they are either no longer carrying the licenses or are thinking about not carrying them. Not to mention all the extra hassles for people that do not have the internet at the ready or do not understand the internet (older sportsmen/women)

This complaint was not so much against the Jobs out sourced to the USA but in the manner in which they were done and the problems that have come from it. Sometimes the cheaper way is not the better way.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
bugs

Post by bugs »

BeerNutz1960 wrote:
bugs wrote:I think the jobs should stay in Canada, rather it was sent to the US than anywhere but every country should be required to keep all provincial or fedral jobs within their own country with their own citizens working there first! If that is not possible they can outsource.
X2
I say we ship the government out and replace them with some Good Ole Boyz from the general public. Seems like politicians in every country are just concerned with lining their own pockets. Get in, make "connections" get a pension for life, and get out before they get Lynched for all their F%*#k Ups.

:? :lol: :lol:

I'll drink to that

Cheers
I totall agree! All politicians care about is money, rural people especially get screwed. It took no time to ditch their plans for Oakville yet I get tubines coming all around me, I notice Pelham got wiped off the board for that and it is because they pay higher tax dollars. The entire area they slated for tubines pays the least property tax. We pay high amounts for gas yet we have our own supply. We can no longer feed our own people with the land we have because they only care about development. We have a so called green belt yet I see 3 subdivision signs as soon as I enter it and that land was farmed 2 years ago. No one will even give me a map of the green belt with street locations. We have no say in anything we simply get to live freely while being controlled financially by our government.
To be a vegetarian is to listen to the live carrot gradually screaming as it drowns in a pot of boiling water …. Which is more ethical to you ?? :roll: :lol:
Hot Pepper Dude

Post by Hot Pepper Dude »

Hi. Erik here. I am the 5th post in on this topic. Kinda pissed off by some of the other posts having an "oh well at least the job went to the U.S." attitude. I reiterate, postage for the fish/game licenses is being paid from the Special Purpose Account. That's the one that is supposed to go directly into fish and wildlife programs here in Ontario, CANADA!. That includes Ontario Ministry Of Natural Resources staff who are the primary stewards of the resource.

The constant erosion of Canadian traditions and values is something that has to be addressed and stopped. What the hell is a company in Nashville Tenessee got to do with a resource in Ontario Canada? The answer is didly squat. You can't tell me truthfully that in this day and age of high technology, we do not have people who can manage a licensing system effectively, and here in our own province. Absolute nonsense and you all know it.

I want to start an Ontario (and beyond) petition to get our provincial government to wake up and get a grip on reality. This is just that important an issue to me. I know it matters to thousands of you as well. Exactly how to get this going, I am not sure of. I can collect names/addresses electronically via email or PM's on this site. Alternatively, printed documents to be dated and signed, could be sent to area representatives of fish and gun clubs, employees of major sporting goods retailers, hell, even to the Excalibur head office.

If anyone has experience doing this or can offer advice to get me started, then I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks to all for reading this. Change starts from the smallest of steps.
Regards, Erik.
Last edited by Hot Pepper Dude on Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hot Pepper Dude

Hello all. I want to thank my first listed supporter "Bugs", for the upcoming petition to the Ontario Government to get responsibility for fish and game licensing back here in Ontario.

This is going to take quite a bit of time to launch and establish, but I am committed to this project. Any help and guidance is greatly appreciated.

As time permits and progress is made, I will post on this site under the Other Topics category.

As we are heading into the hunting season, I would not expect to hear from many of you regarding your support or ideas. That's understandable. I will be in the woods as well. This project will be in effect until there is sufficient data collected to make a strong and convincing submission to the appropriate government minister.

Thanks in advance for any help, assistance, or guidance.

Best wishes for your hunts.
Regards, Erik.
Hot Pepper Dude

Hello all. I have gathered information on the process of petitioning the Ontario Legislative Assembly, and am preparing to meet with my MPP to discuss the best way to go about it. As more information is accumulated, I will release it here in the Crossbow Hunting and Other Topics. Once established fully, the details of the petition will be available in the Other Topics sections.

I am anticipating a lot of positive responses to this petition as it impacts directly on how our hunting and fishing license money is spent.

Thanks in advance for all your best wishes and interest as this project gets going. I've never done this before, but feel very engaged in what I hope is going to be a reversal of a bad decision by our current governing Provincial Party.

Regards, Erik.
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

I'll be looking for the petition and will pass it along to other forums.
Good luck.
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

Good stuff Erik. i don't necessarily agree with all your points but I would support an organized lobby of our politicians so count my vote in.

F
Hot Pepper Dude

Hi all. I have the final draft of my petition to the Ontario Government ready to present to my member of the Provincial Parliment (M.P.P). She is a very good person, and I do not anticipate any objection to her accepting the charge of presenting this petition to the Ontario Legislative Assembly.

Hopefully, she and I will be meeting this coming week. After the meeting, I will be making any necessary corrections or additions to the text of my petition (if any), and then I will post an announcement to officially make the petition available throughout Ontario to all those interested in signing on.

I will be asking my MPP what amount of signatures she considers to be the minimum for any real and effective consideration by the Ontario Legislative Assembly. Her answer will be the very minimum of participation that I desire for this very important issue.

Thanks in advance for all the support I have received thus far.
I'll keep you all posted as progress is made.

Regards, Erik.