Openin Day Hunt

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GooGoos

Openin Day Hunt

Post by GooGoos »

Dad, my best friend Carrie and I all got up at 1am this mornin so we can go duck huntin. We got ready to go and yall tell me, do yall think me and her would fit in on duck commander?

We get to where we gotta put the boat in the water and we get it loaded up and head to our spot with nothing but the stars, moon, and head light to light the way. We get to our spot and we immediatley turn the thermacells on. A few moments later, dad goes to get up and get out the boat to go check to make sure our spot had enough water in it and he drops his thermacell in the water!! And he talks about me bein blonde :lol: So I hand him mine and me and Carrie share one while dad goes and checks the hole.

Only a true best friend would do this with you at 0300hrs

As it is getting closer to light we grab our shells, thermacells, shotguns, decoys, marsh seats and duck calls and start the walk to our hole. Dad was doin great walkin in the soft mud with no issues, but Carrie and I on the other hand...well thats another story. We were sinking and getting stuck in the mudd left and right. Me and her would get stuck tryin to help each other get unstuck! While we were at it, Carrie took a swim! I tell ya what, dad had his hands full with me and her this mornin. We finally get to where we are goin to hunt at and get set up. It finally gets time to where we can shoot and we had a duck land in our decoys! Dad tells me to shoot since it was on my side and told me if I didn't shoot he was goin too. So I got my gun up and I tell him that I couldn't see my sights. "Just cover your barrel on him to where you can't see him and shoot!!" I let my 20gage bark and that duck never knew what hit him. The lights went out for him.

As it is starting to get light we can hear other shooters and see a bunch of ducks flyin but either they weren't in season yet or they were to far to shoot. Moments later 3 teal come flyin in to our spread and dad tells us to take em and we emptied our guns on em and only one folds up. She lands in the tall grass and I take off lookin for her so we don't loose her and pick her up. Lil bit later as it is gettin close to 0800hrs, we had 4 more teal come in and when they got close enough dad told us to take em. Dad and I emptied our guns on em and knock down two, but Carrie had a deer in headlights moment and doesn't pull the trigger -lol-

I went and got one duck because he landed in the real tall grass and luckly I found him. If it wasn't for his white belly stickin up in the middle of it all, I dunno if I woulda found em. When I got back, dad went to go get the other one. He found one of those really soft spots and went for a swim! Wish I woulda had the camera out for that moment. We get the stuff packed up and start to head out and dad got his revenge on me for laughin at him earlier when he fell in the water. I took a step and lost my ballance and down I went! All in all it was a great day out there. Today is also openin day for bow season as well. Dad and I were gunna go sit in a tree tonight, but we are wore out from this mornin.

Image]
Last edited by GooGoos on Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
*PRETTY IN PINK, DEADLY IN CAMO!

*In the fall I get to kill em in the rut, but in the spring I get to watch em strut.
*You can take the girl outta woods, but you can't take the addiction outta the girl!
*Can't kill anything sitting on the couch.
joe171

Re: Openin Day Hunt

Post by joe171 »

Ladies those socks have to go :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Sounds like a great time had by all!! :lol:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Boo

Post by Boo »

That's awesome! Love stories like! Bet your dad had a great time too!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Sounds like you all had a great time. Congrats on the ducks.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

Sounds like a god time was had be all, even if everyone got a little wet and muddy! :mrgreen:
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
MADMAX2

Post by MADMAX2 »

CONGRATS!! Great family fun!! :D
Hope to get my daughter out with me soon.
The best things in life are not things!!
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Sounds like you all had a very fun morning with it. Its trips like this that you will remember and tell the stories of for years to come. Congrats on the hunt!
Why ride when you can walk!
wabi

Post by wabi »

but we are wore out from this mornin.
Thought hunting was supposed to be relaxing! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Congratulations on the ducks!
wabi
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

great story and congrats on the ducks!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
rayman

Post by rayman »

They should do a Duck Dynasty episode just with you guys. :)
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Your a great story teller, that was a fun read, only good memories will come out of this fun day.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Love your post Goo Goo those were some well earned fowl.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

joe171 wrote:Ladies those socks have to go :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No they don't.....I'm pretty sure the duck commander gang wear the same ones!! :lol:
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads