Deer Dander

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Dayelight

Deer Dander

Post by Dayelight »

Anyone have any experience with the team Fitz Deer Dander?
I know there is alot of hype going around with this stuff.
Please feel free to post if you have used it and gotten negative or positive results.
I don't really want to hear anyone say that no scent is the best scent. I know that :wink: , but I already ordered it and I want to know about it.
I also just ordered coon urine. Can I combine the two or maybe put coon urine on my boots and then spray around my stand or where I want my shot with Dander? :idea:
Axiom SMF
S5, Cheekrest, Munch Mount
Vixenmaster FF
BEEs
Spitfire MAXX and Slick Tricks
Onetimeonly x-->

Re: Deer Dander

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Never tried it but you'll never know unless you try it. I did try Ever Calm / Deer Herd in a stick. The only real encounter was that it freaked them out at first. Then a button buck got curious came in and the rest followed. I'm not a biologist but I would have to think deer within their living range may have a certain smell. Dander may just be dander?? Good luck.
Scott.
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

Buddy of mine used it on a morning hunt. Sent the deer running and snorting away. :(
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
wabi

Post by wabi »

Sounds like a product P. T. Barnum would have been proud sell. :lol: :lol:
wabi
Dayelight

Post by Dayelight »

HAHA. I dont know guys. It seems to be a hit on all the sites that sell it. I guess Ill give it a try and report back. It cant make my hunting any worse than it has been, thats for sure. :shock:
Now what about using cover scents? Does anyone use or have any experience using them. How much do you apply when it comes to urine (coon)?
Axiom SMF
Vixenmaster FF
BEEs
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Coon urine I spray the bottom arch of my boots seems to stay longer but still hits the ground. In a hurry running late one morning didn't use it. Watch a big Doe come in as soon as she hit my tracks she turned and went the other way. Hunted the next weekend shot what I think was the same Doe walked over my tracks stopped smelled and kept coming.
Scott
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
Dayelight

Post by Dayelight »

OTO,

Are you using any odor elimination products or even any of the scent sprays like autumn or earth?
Sometimes I don't know if it's all just BS. :? I see guys taking deer with cigarettes hanging out of their mouths. Other guys going into the woods with flannel shirts and jeans, coming out with nice bucks. My buddy got a nice 8 two days ago and he reaks of cigarettes. He doesn't have the money to dump into sprays or scent elimination products. Can't really say I do either. I'm hunting for meat and I might as well just go buy half a cow with all the money Im dumping into hunting. Im not sure if its all just crap aimed at making money. :shock: Think about 15 years ago we didn't have half the stuff we do now and people still harvested game. LMK what you think.

Daye
Axiom SMF
Vixenmaster FF
BEEs