Williams peep and trigger job

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Masboy

Williams peep and trigger job

Post by Masboy »

stormy today so in the shop and done a trigger job on my vixen and works smoothhhh! then I removed the plastic peep that was real high on the rear and replaced it with a custom made Williams peep I had laying around off a 1895 marlin cowboy 45-70 and after some fitting it fit perfect and now I do not have to raise my head off the stock and fit perfect and also lowerd the front sight. now I just want to get a new front sight with a small pin and level in it . also sanded my stock a little and getting ready for a paint job . rainy days and work work work!!!!

copperjohn

Re: Williams peep and trigger job

Post by copperjohn »

Curious.... What'd ya do to your trigger? Did you modify the sear angle or lessen the engagement? I super glued thin plastic strips on top of my trigger bar which lessened the engagement (less creep). I kept adding them until I felt the sear engagement was just right. I have just enough engagement to be safe. I'm sure there are many who frown upon this sort of mod, but sometimes "the only thing to fear is fear itself." I've put several hundred cycles through this trigger mod and its been flawless. My accuracy has improved without a doubt. I attribute this to not having to bear down on a heavy trigger.

Masboy

Post by Masboy »

all polishing and checking all contact points and making sure there sharp and square and polished the latches.my kids shoot my bows so don,t want to take any chances.
HammerNAnvil

Post by HammerNAnvil »

I almost bought one of those williams sights yesterday till I looked at the price tag, 85$ glad to see someone else had the idea though.
joe171

Post by joe171 »

Great job cant wait for another rainy day to see what you will do :D :D :D
frisky

Post by frisky »

NICE :D
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
copperjohn

Post by copperjohn »

Masboy wrote:all polishing and checking all contact points and making sure there sharp and square and polished the latches.my kids shoot my bows so don,t want to take any chances.
I hear ya; safety first. They do respond well to some polishing and oil.