second nite gille

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bob watkins

second nite gille

Post by bob watkins »

went out yesterday to sit for a while .my son wanted to ride down me .so i sat the same stand i sat mon. he has stands in that area. he wanted to hunt. about half before dark a spike buck shows up .we see other at the same time. he starts the head the bobbin routine cant make me out but knows somthing isnt right. walks around in the thick stuff. finally gets broadside at 30 yds. get my head settled in the scope.there is a good size branch that covering the vitals he walked away istill amazed at how good these gille suites work. do have some tree stands to check good luck everybody.
Ont_Excal

Re: second nite gille

Post by Ont_Excal »

Got a suit on my wish list!! :D
Good luck and play safe. :wink:
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
fuzzy

Post by fuzzy »

Last edited by fuzzy on Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

fuzzy wrote:Adding a few strategicly placed 12" pieces of paracord to your suit you can tie on natural vegetation to further aid concealment. At 15 feet deer will look straight through you :D . Good luck.
Thanks.
That's a good tip!! 8)
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I had a buck at 8 yards - from on the ground - 2 days ago. Only wore the top and hat of my suit, sitting on a log with a low brush screen I had made previously around me. He knew something was wrong but couldn't figure out what, finally stiff legged out of there very cautiously. It's early in the season, and I can only shoot one, so his odd 3 prong rack (one tall spite and a tall fork)was his savior.
Counts as a kill on my coup total. (Paint em with the reticule, touch the trigger w/o releasing safety); two yrs ago I had 12. Retired full time, hunting 3/4 time. :D

PS having hunted in a cornfield with mine has added realism. It now includes twigs and chunks of corn plants as well. :lol:
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

ont excal thanks for that tip this gille is all new to me been in tree stands for 50 years
wabi

Post by wabi »

Been thinking about trying the new "roadside camo" suit.
wabi
fuzzy

Post by fuzzy »

Last edited by fuzzy on Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
encore1250

Post by encore1250 »

WASBI THATS JUST WRONG. UNLESS YOU LIVE IN OHIO. LOL;