Slick tricks or G5 strikers

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

shuey270

Slick tricks or G5 strikers

Post by shuey270 »

! have an Equinox, shooting G.T. laser II's, 125 Thunderheads. Killed 5 deer so far with this set-up. The problem is some of the heads won't shoot the same P.O.I.. Thinking of changing to Slicks or Strikers. Looking for accuracy. Need help! Thanks..
equinox varazone gt laser 2's 125 thunderhead
vixenmaster

Re: Slick tricks or G5 strikers

Post by vixenmaster »

Not sayin the 2 BH's you picked will or won't shoot same poi! All those are great BH's. They maybe real close depends if'en yer arrows be tuned. Advice if'en you buy any G5 Strikers 1 1/2" you will need to index BH so it won't touchj stirrup when shot :D
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
strum

Post by strum »

i could never get the t heads to fly good for me..
im sold on the slicks..as far as im concered there is no other..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

Just a tid bit from me and this is just what I have seen.

Many Many bear hits over the years and the Strikers are the only head I seen go through the skapula of a black bear and kill it.

I was impressed and now shoot them...
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
srhall32

Post by srhall32 »

I'm in agreement with Strum.....I just shoot my Slick Tricks for target practice....if I have to make (or choose) a scope change I just get close with field points and fine tune with the 125 Magnums. Not hard to do and very little to do other than just shoot the bow occasionally throughout the season.
I didn't get guite the good flight with the G5 but believe it's a great head and a viable choice....
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

I shoot with the slicktrick 125 magnums and on calm day shoot as good of groups on my best arrows as my fieldpoints.sometimes in the wind they shoot to the same poi as my fieldpoints???? but on calm days from my vortex and vixen they shoot dead in line out to 50yds but a few inches lower. I shoot a field point that's 25 grains heavier than my 100 and 125 slicks from both bows and they are dead on for poi . with the fieldpoints for me.I most always can get the same poi from broadheads and field points by changing fieldpoint weight.
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

I shot the thunder heads for many years out of a vertical bow with good results but they were not shooting well out of my Equinox now i shoot the 175 grain slick trick with aluminium insert and am very happy with the results .
Their is about a 1 inch difference p.o.i between broad head and field tip but i sight in with the broadheads and leave it at that.
I have taken several deer with the slick tricks and the 4 blade head really delivers all you could expect from a broadhead it is a very tuff head just put new blades in and shoot more deer.
I have never shot the g5 but like the looks of them and have heard good things about them.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.