Iphone 5 Camera Mount

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Morangus

Iphone 5 Camera Mount

Post by Morangus »

Waiting on my IPhone 5 to come from Apple sometime this week I've been looking for a way to mount my IPhone to my bow to capture the hunt as it's meant to be. I think I've come up with a pretty decent solution that I'm going to share here.

Here in PA archery hunting is a relatively mild season, so the temps here don't drop down into freezing conditions so I'm not worried about the phone shutting off due to it being too cold or too hot. I keep my phone in an Otterbox case 100% of the time so the mount had to work with the phone still in the Otterbox. Given the fact that the case is rubber on the outside, it would also provide shock absorption from the bow. After my Otterbox came in the mail today, and the fact that I never use the belt clip, I've come up with a solution that will work for me... I'm just waiting on the phone to get here to finalize the adjustment of the screws to hold the phone in the right position for the camera and then I'll tighten everything down and put a little black spraypaint on the screws and everything should be good to go... the nice thing is I can remove the mount when and replace it with the quiver when walking in the bush. The mount is extremely light weight as well. Here's the pictures...

The mount is made with an old quiver that was broken that I cut down to size along with an Otterbox IPhone 5 Belt Clip with the clip portion removed. The belt clip was a shiny black, so I roughed it up with some sand paper to take the shine away.

- Mo
Close Up

Re: Iphone 5 Camera Mount

Post by Close Up »

Looks great, but after seeing how these bows can destroy scopes , will the iphone take the punishment and will it stay in the holder :?: :?:
I hope it works this can bring some really good pics and videos keep us informed
HammerNAnvil

Post by HammerNAnvil »

I have an ottercase for my iPhone, have dropped it a few times and it has not damaged it, or fallen out of the hip holder, I think this is a good test for the iphones durability..
Morangus

Post by Morangus »

I finally got a chance to test this out since my phone came yesterday. The results are very surprising! There is minimal reverb vibration from the shot. I posted two YouTube videos. First one is without a lighted nock shooting at the cube in the center. Hit dead in the middle. 2nd video is with a lighted nock with a kill shot on the bear. Both videos were first takes.

Video 1:
http://youtu.be/5btqJqODUV8

Video 2:
http://youtu.be/c-GXiyirLqI

-Mo
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Go,s a little fuzzy at first but looks good!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
sara2

Post by sara2 »

what your expectation about new iphone 5c and 5s??
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Broke many Otter Boxes in my time, but never the phone that was in one. Picked up the camo defender this weekend, see how long it takes before I bust the belt clip..
I LOVE homemade equipment, and you did a fine job on this one. My concern with a phone on a bow is the shock, but it looks like you have that covered!
Looking forward to seeing some results!
If I were to suggest anything, it would be to add some camo where you sanded the black. WalMart sells a roll of camo tape that comes off easily with no residue, I use it on my GoPro with great results. Or, just put a big rubber band around the whole thing, it would insure the phone doesn't go flying out of the holster, as well as give a spot to put some natural foliage.
Good luck!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
munch

Post by munch »

you can buy the otterbox belt clips from the source for about $18 i bought 2 and did the same for my brother an my iphones .just pop the quiver off and slide it into the clip. did one as well this weekend for a gopro style camera that fastens the same way.
i also make camera mounts for munchmounts .the can also be used on your vertical bows .you just attach them to your bow between the plastic clip and your bow
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook