The Cost For 3D Archery

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

singer73

The Cost For 3D Archery

Post by singer73 »

Just curious about something? Been out of the loop shooting 3D 's the last couple of years. Now have recently returned to going to weekly shoots i southern ontario. I have noticed the price for shooting at clubs has increased from 12 bucks to 15 bucks which is understandable, maintance , targets etc . Each club that I have shot at this past summer was charging 15 bucks. Why does the Oxford Fish and Game charge 20 BUCKS ???? I did however notice 4-5 new targets on the course but that was all. I also noticed that they have put alot of work into their rifle range. So where does the tournament money go to? The achery commitee or the rifle commitee? Its sad to say this but this club is my hometown club , and I dont think I will be returning.It really be nice to know where our 3d shoot money is going? Also doesn't the OAA set the prices for shoots? ?? I can see a 2 buck or 3 buck increase comming again soon, but not 5 bucks!
Pydpiper

Re: The Cost For 3D Archery

Post by Pydpiper »

Considered calling and asking? Oxford Fish and Game will be happy to tell you where the money goes, it is a member driven club that has nothing to hide.
Slide by on a Wednesday evening after 7 or a Sunday morning, they will put you in touch with who you need to speak to.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
TPM

Re: The Cost For 3D Archery

Post by TPM »

You'd have to ask some one at Oxford. They're a private club so it's up to them how they manage their money. I know they raised their price this year but I think you'll see other clubs following suit. Most have been at $15 for at least 5 or 6 years now. There are a lot of costs associated with running a club and recent government regulations are not making it any easier for these clubs to survive. Many are scraping for money. Oxford is one of my favourite courses to shoot and I personally don't mind paying a couple bucks more for their shoots. They put a lot of work into setting up and maintaining that course.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger