Huntin/Hot

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Huntin/Hot

Post by vixenmaster »

I got that button head & i have decided that i ain't huntin in this heat anymore. Sweat pourin off me fightin insects tryin to get deer/meat cooled down no big fridge or a freezer. Jus ain't worth all the hassle. So if'en Temps ain't down in the 50's i am jus gonna work here on new cabin n make strings n shoot my Excals! :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
copperjohn

Re: Huntin/Hot

Post by copperjohn »

Works for me :D :D :D
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

I sure wish that our season was opening soon for crossbows. Hopefully the DNR Minister will sign the paper for full inclusion for next year. It is only the Early Deer Season that crossbows have not been excepted into.
Raymond
TPM

Post by TPM »

I don't hunt when it's warm out. Our season opens October 1st. but I rarely get out before the middle of the month. My deer hunting usually kicks in the first week of November.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

It's definitely a pain hunting in warm weather. I've got a pretty good hike/climb into where I hunt at, so when it's cold I dress light and carry my extra clothes in, knowing that I'm going to sweat. Hunting in warm weather, it's nice not having to carry in the extra clothes, but you sure sweat more! :lol:

Not to mention if you get a deer in the afternoon, you don't have the luxury of just letting it hang overnight and skinning it the next day. It's got to be dealt with right then!

I've got the Thermacell, so skeeters ain't that much of a problem. What eats me up is the friggin' deer ticks! :x At least ya' ain't gotta worry about the bugs in cold weather.
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Yep, hunting the warm weather definately has it's challenges.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Its been 94-97 deg. the last few days. A/C runnin' constantly. But we are supposed to have a cool wet front Fri. night- Sat sometime.That means it'll spit rain and only get to 89-90 deg. but the humiditity will be high and the skeeters will be hungry.Goin' anyway! Good Luck to all.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

here in NC, we have 4 zones, and each one has specific seasons. I live on the border of the Eastern and Central zones. For all zones archery started on 9/8. In the Eastern Zone, archery only ends on 9/28 then there are 2 weeks of muzzeloader and then it's gun season from 10/13 until the end of the year. I can still hunt with my crossbow, but you all know how deer get when the guns start bangin'. BUT in the central Zone it is archery only until 10/26, then it's 2 weeks of blackpowder then gun season. Once anything other than archery only stats I need to wear orange etc. just like a gun hunter. Soif I want to hunt the Eastern Zone while the deer are still calm, it's gotta be in the heat. Coming to NC from OH it's been a bit of a change to say the least.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
myflatline

Post by myflatline »

89 degrees here in cental Fl today Might get to 60 in December
Nighthunter

Post by Nighthunter »

Here in South Texas, we have 4 seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer, and Christmas! Don't know what all the fuss is about because it's a rare thing here to hunt when it's cold enough to hang a deer. We have to get em on ice and fast!! Flightattendant knows what I'm talking about even if he is a might North in Texas...
"The only difference between mediocrity and excellence is effort!" M.T. Walton
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

flightattendant100 wrote:Its been 94-97 deg. the last few days. A/C runnin' constantly. But we are supposed to have a cool wet front Fri. night- Sat sometime.That means it'll spit rain and only get to 89-90 deg. but the humiditity will be high and the skeeters will be hungry.Goin' anyway! Good Luck to all.
Cool front did arrive and brought the rain. It did a bit more than "spit" though.Been rainging since Fri. eve. Me and the little four wheeler swam out to hunt though.Didnt see much 'cept water and mud. Still "funner" than stayin' home! There's always next weekend.
Nighthunter

Post by Nighthunter »

Been getting almost identical reports from all my hunting buds here too. Weather like that puts em in the thick stuff and they'll lay up. It'll get better soon and hopefully we'll also have some cooler weather without the rain..
"The only difference between mediocrity and excellence is effort!" M.T. Walton
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

flightattendant100 wrote:Still "funner" than stayin' home! There's always next weekend.
You need this shirt.
http://vinteeage.com/funner-gooder-than ... norg-tees/
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
frisky

Post by frisky »

vixenmaster
That is called getting old. Years ago I would not let heat bother me but now it does. And, yes I am getting older! :(
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

I'm glad I got my doe on opening day a few weeks ago :D . I haven't been in the woods since because its been hot here too! Flyfishing sure has been good though :mrgreen:
Why ride when you can walk!