Would like all the facts about excalibur X-ACT broadheads,please
1- do they fly same as field points ?
2- do they open on deployment ?
3- do they come w/practice blades ?
4- are they tough ?
Please tell me everything good or bad about them,"ALL" comments appreciated
Thank you all in advance, :)

Dave :)
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
strum

Re: Facts please

Post by strum »

I never shot em ..but talking to Dan miller..he says they will shoot just like your field point..
i asked all those questions ,,and expessed the want to shoot em first and would they survive the target..
he says no ..the blades will get bent ..
but there is no need to practice with them ..they will shoot fine..
as for how the do in game he says the Backwoods boys have been layin em down with em...hogs ,deer,elk and everything in between..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

strum wrote:I never shot em ..but talking to Dan miller..he says they will shoot just like your field point..
i asked all those questions ,,and expessed the want to shoot em first and would they survive the target..
he says no ..the blades will get bent ..
but there is no need to practice with them ..they will shoot fine..
as for how the do in game he says the Backwoods boys have been layin em down with em...hogs ,deer,elk and everything in between..
Thanks Strum, i am thinking of changeing to them, :) Had a bad on a small buck this morning w/Muzzies. Went home took shot at target w/muzzie shot was 6in. right 4in. low, :shock: time to change.

P.S. Thanks for the reply.!!!!! :)

Dave :)
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Hey Dave,
I harvested a deer with my Excalibur Phoenix crossbow my first season that I hunted with it. It was a broadside double lung shot with an Excalibur X-Act broadhead at 40 yards. The deer only went 40 yards. The arrow was a firebolt and there was only 6 inches of the arrow still above ground, the broadhead was still okay but I changed the blades anyway. All three blades opened as it hit the deer.

Answers to your question from my experience is as follows:
#1: yes
#2: yes
#3: No
#4: Yes

Raymond
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I have taken deer and a yote with mine. They fly great, i like the spring clips that keep the blades from deploying in flight, and everything that i have shot has expired within sight! But like alot of mechanical heads i dont consider them reusable after they have been used on an animal. It has been my experience anyways... they are not like a fixed head where you can just replace the blades and re-use.

They are a great b/head for the money, and they are what the cheif at excalibur recommends for his bows. good nuff fo me!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Boo

Post by Boo »

You can tie them up and shoot them. Take dental floss and go around once and end up with a square knot then continue and do another wrap around with another square knot. You might find that you've wasted your time because so far everything I shot with the X-Acts hit with the same POI as field points. Good stuff.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

Thanks for the replies everyone, :D I called and talked to the main man in Ohio, he recommended,125 grn. Swhacker, for my Equinox, so i could get more weight in front, :D So i just got back from Bass Pro in springfield Missouri , with 2 packs of Swhacker 125 grn. and some 125 grn. field points !!!

Thank you all so much for your help. :D

Dave :D
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

yup mine fly the same as a fieldpoint also, but as mentioned blades got messed up and loose when fired into my Rinehart target. Not sure just changing the blades would work( do they even sell blades?) because the blades are loose and no longer snap back into the head.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Bullzeye wrote:yup mine fly the same as a fieldpoint also, but as mentioned blades got messed up and loose when fired into my Rinehart target. Not sure just changing the blades would work( do they even sell blades?) because the blades are loose and no longer snap back into the head.
Yes, you can buy replacement blades for both the X-Act and the Boltcutter broadheads.
Raymond
buckdeer

Post by buckdeer »

does anyone know if the boltcutters have the same poi as the 150 gr fieldpoints ? I don't like the idea of messing with resighting from fieldpointa to broadheads. it would be nice to be able to practice with fieldpoints during hunting season. I want to thank everybody for all of the information i get from this forum. BUCKDEER
KILL SWIFTLY & APPOLOGIZE TO NO ONE
strum

Post by strum »

buckdeer wrote:does anyone know if the boltcutters have the same poi as the 150 gr fieldpoints ? I don't like the idea of messing with resighting from fieldpointa to broadheads. it would be nice to be able to practice with fieldpoints during hunting season. I want to thank everybody for all of the information i get from this forum. BUCKDEER
im of the opinion that you /we should never take it for grated that our BH flys the same as our Field tips..maybe i would trust the Xacts..but ..i always want to shoot whatever im going to be slinging at an animal..just to be sure..
if it takes resighting then resight ..we owe that to the game .
it doent make sense (too me)to shoot the FTs then screw on the BHs and say "well they say itll fly like feild tips" then when we miss or wound our game blame it on the Broad Head..
almost every time i go out i take a shot or too at my trarget ..it makes me feel confidant and lets me know if something is off.. JMHO
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Raymond wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:yup mine fly the same as a fieldpoint also, but as mentioned blades got messed up and loose when fired into my Rinehart target. Not sure just changing the blades would work( do they even sell blades?) because the blades are loose and no longer snap back into the head.
Yes, you can buy replacement blades for both the X-Act and the Boltcutter broadheads.
Raymond
Good to know, but unfortunately no one around here sells them, will have to keep looking around I guess.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

Bullzeye wrote:
Raymond wrote:
Raymond
Good to know, but unfortunately no one around here sells them, will have to keep looking around I guess.

Call Danny Miller :)
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s