deer cart

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sumner4991

deer cart

Post by sumner4991 »

I'm looking at getting a deer cart . . .what is the latest and greatest at a reasonable cost(cheap)?
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Bullzeye

Re: deer cart

Post by Bullzeye »

I picked up the Big Game Carry All Game cart online at Walmart in the U.S, has 20in tires and supposed to be good up to 500lbs, think I paid $100 for it.

Unfortunately the hunting been bad the last two week ends with not many deer and lots of rain :( so I have not tried it out on an animal, but I did haul my two man blind, two old school Heavy office chairs, a gallon of water, a big mineral block, a saw horse,two 2x6's and my loaded pack sack with no problem.

I like it so far, and hopefully get to try it out on a deer or bear this week end.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
trky chsr

Post by trky chsr »

I just use an appliance cart I got at Can-Tire on sale. I just got a longer axle and larger balloon type tires from Princess Auto. I can wheel a 250lb deer out of the woods one handed (just not over the logs :D )TC
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Scott no matter which one you get it is a very valuable piece of equipment once you have one . I got mine after spending 7 hours trying to get a monster out of the bush . :shock: The next day we bought one since then the haul outs have been a breeze .
I would recommend wire spoke wheels . My first one had plastic ones and if you treat the cart like a four by four ,they break .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

The bonus for me is when taken apart(which is fast and easy) it fits in the back of my small Toyota Yaris.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

i switched over to plastic sleds a few years ago. dont think i will ever switch back. there nice because the game cant fall over the sides and you dont have to tie anything up. there are a couple different companies making them like otter and shappell .they come in quite a few sizes and thicknessses but i prefer the small lighter ones. you can fit quite a bunch even in the smaller ones. they slip over logs and mud better than wheels.http://www.walmart.com/ip/KL-Industries ... ct+Reviews
JohnnyDollar

Post by JohnnyDollar »

foofoo wrote:i switched over to plastic sleds a few years ago. dont think i will ever switch back. there nice because the game cant fall over the sides and you dont have to tie anything up. there are a couple different companies making them like otter and shappell .they come in quite a few sizes and thicknessses but i prefer the small lighter ones. you can fit quite a bunch even in the smaller ones. they slip over logs and mud better than wheels.http://www.walmart.com/ip/KL-Industries ... ct+Reviews

So the plastic sled actually works better and is easier to drag than a 2 wheeled cart ? I always thought it would have more resistance than a cart on wheels.
I love the smell of damp rotting leaves in the morning
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Not to sound like a "Redneck Texan" but dont ya have a wheelbarrow? If not they sell 'em at the home center.
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

I made my own out of EMT and a couple of mountain bike tires using a pipe bender. It also doubles as a ramp for loading the deer into the back of my pickup.

Bob

Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
Boo

Post by Boo »

flightattendant100 wrote:Not to sound like a "Redneck Texan" but dont ya have a wheelbarrow? If not they sell 'em at the home center.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some deer won't fit into a wheelbarrow :shock: Well after they're full grown up and all. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

trky chsr wrote:I just use an appliance cart I got at Can-Tire on sale. I just got a longer axle and larger balloon type tires from Princess Auto. I can wheel a 250lb deer out of the woods one handed (just not over the logs :D )TC
Tried that...just before I bought a Magnum Deer Cart. Trying to keep a large deer on an appliance cart, where I was hunting, proved more work than joy.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
joe171

Post by joe171 »

Contact Uncle Fester ( Ken ) I think he is a Pro Shooter for Excal He had some deer carts a while back he was selling they looked sturdy
joe171 :D :D :D
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Thanks for the input guys . . .only thing in Texas that is small is the bodies on those deer, which makes the horns look awesome. LOL

Here is the best thing I can find, I think.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00699 ... 4IKNLW8HV5

I think the construction is good . . .I like the solid rubber tires because I plan to store it in the field and don't want to fool with keeping the air pressure. I'm guessing, the larger the tires, the better?

Anyway . . .any cons you know of about this unit?

I looked at Ken's post and unless the price has come down, then the cost was more than double this cart. Right?

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

sumner4991 wrote:
Here is the best thing I can find, I think.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00699 ... 4IKNLW8HV5

Anyway . . .any cons you know of about this unit?
Yeah, It's made in China! :evil:
How bad do you want to save a few dollars??

http://www.amazon.com/Ameristep-Non-Typ ... 40-5902639

Better made and lighter.
Although I don't own one I have seen one first hand.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Good point, I didn't see the made in China tag . . .but, I am not employed, cheaper without getting junk will prevail in the end.

The reviews are worth reading . . .looks like some of these things need modifications, out of the box.

I'll keep looking.

Thanks.

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen