Broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hotdog

Broadheads

Post by hotdog »

I'm getting ready to buy a Equinox,and was wanting to know if anyone shoots the Muzzy 3 blade 100gr. broadheads with the Firebolt carbon arrows...If so what kind of accuracy are you getting with them.
Bulldog 440
Matrix 380
Munch Quiver Mounts
Leupold Crossbones Scope
georgiaboy

Re: Broadheads

Post by georgiaboy »

Welcome to the forum!!! :D :D
I tried some three blade 125gr muzzy's last year on my firebolts...couldn't get them to group. :?
Switched to slick tricks...bad bad medicine!!! 8) :D :D
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Cat power

Post by Cat power »

I second slick tricks.
strum

Post by strum »

I third the slicks :D
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
derf

Post by derf »

i also have a equinox. i shoot goldtip laser 2 with 2'' blaser vanes with brass inserts . the 100gr wasp and muzzy shoot awsome from 20 to 40yrds. derf
ace_2930

Post by ace_2930 »

SWHACKERS----- SMACKERS!!!! they fly like a field point and man what a blood trail!! :D
Rogue_wave

Post by Rogue_wave »

Hey to those who shoot the swhackers. What grains and with or without brass insets??? Thinking of giving them a try.

thanks

R/W
wabi

Post by wabi »

Rogue_wave wrote:Hey to those who shoot the swhackers. What grains and with or without brass insets??? Thinking of giving them a try.

thanks

R/W
Just got a pack of 3 100gr 2" cut Swhackers in the mail yesterday.
I'm a bit old fashioned when it comes to arrows. I've tried carbons and quickly went back to my aluminums. I didn't get as good of groups with carbons (aluminum inserts), so I figured rather than spend a lot of time & $$$ getting them to suit me on accuracy I'd just stick with what has worked for years. I don't do anything fancy when making up a batch of arrows - cut shaft to length, install aluminum inserts, apply fletching (2" Blazers) and test each arrow on a target for consistency when they're completed.
I changed my fletching jig (Arizona E-Z) arms to the new "Bolt" arms this year and my shafts from 2215s to 2216s, so I needed to make a very slight scope adjustment. Got the scope dialed in with a couple adjustments yesterday, then forgot to pull an arrow (it was buried past the fletching in the foam target) and "Robin Hooded" tht arrow the next shot! :oops: :lol: My next shot was to try the new Swhacker broadhead, and it was right in the same hole as the previous 2 arrows (at 25 yards).

I'd say if your field point are grouping well, the Swhackers will probably be right in the same group.
wabi
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I have my son shooting some old Horton carbon bolts with 125gr Muzzy MX-3s. 2" Rayzr feathers, or 2" Blazers and they hit with the field points. IMO a heavy FOC (~~18%) and 2" fletches and you can shoot about anything you want.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

I quit shooting the muzzy 3 blade 100's they flew all over the place. :o I now shoot Swhacker 125 grn. 2.25" cut w/firebolts, alum. inserts. out of my Equinox, practice w/125 grn. fp's they fly great, and are very deadly, :wink:

Dave :)
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
hotdog

Post by hotdog »

georgiaboy wrote:Welcome to the forum!!! :D :D
I tried some three blade 125gr muzzy's last year on my firebolts...couldn't get them to group. :?
Switched to slick tricks...bad bad medicine!!! 8) :D :D
I think I'm going to go with the slick tricks...I was looking at the 150 gr. xbow broadheads...Have you shot these in your Equinox ?
Bulldog 440
Matrix 380
Munch Quiver Mounts
Leupold Crossbones Scope
hotdog

Post by hotdog »

Thanks for all the replies about broadheads....Also does the Equinox come with the S5 String Shock Suppressor ?
Bulldog 440
Matrix 380
Munch Quiver Mounts
Leupold Crossbones Scope
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

I shoot the 125gr slick standards out of my vixen, and 125gr slick mags out of my vortex and axiom. they all shoot to poi of my fieldtips. 8)
I do believe the nox comes with the s5's already installed. :?
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

Hotdog,
I shoot an Equinox with Gold Tip Laser 3 bolts. I shoot 2 different B.H., the 100 gr. muzzy mx-3 and the 100 gr Swhacker. They both shoot exactly the same P.O.I. as my field tips. This photo is one of each B.H. at 50 yds. from a bench rest. I would highly recommend the Swhacker,it gets great reviews on this sight.Image
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String