Treestep WARNING!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

chris4570

Treestep WARNING!!

Post by chris4570 »

Be careful of treesteps purchased from Canadian Tire(perhaps available elsewhere). The grey ones with a longer than normal "step". Made by Parkland Treesteps.

I just put them into a tree and started to climb to retrieve a stand, when I heard PING, the sound of metal seperating, as well I dropped a little. When I got down to investigate, there was a fracture in the inside bend going out to the step!! When placed next to the other steps from the same manufacturer there is 3/8"- 1/2" deflection of the step!!!

It did not break all the way through but I am not a heavy weight!!

I just purchased these steps last weekend, they still have the tags on them. I will be returning them. after I send Parkland an email
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
agingcrossbower

Re: Treestep WARNING!!

Post by agingcrossbower »

Glad to hear that you were'nt hurt. :shock:
reaper

Post by reaper »

Glad your O.K, by any chance on the box or sticker. Did it say imported, if so bet they came from China. My friend had that happen 2 years ago cut his ancle. He wont buy from crappy tire. stay safe good hunting. Dave
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Haven't used steps, but happy to hear there were no injuries. Keep on, keeping on.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Thanks for the heads up Chris !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "