Awsome Morning Hunt

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GooGoos

Awsome Morning Hunt

Post by GooGoos »

Last night I went back in the same spot as yesterday morning and saw a nice buck at 1900hrs. No shots were presented though. This morning, dad and I went back after em; again I went up the same tree I hunted yesterday. At about 0730 I heard dad shoot, then about 30min later I catch some movement to my right. I pick up that its a deer and get ready. He steps out and I see horns on him! Looked like a nice 6point buck. I stand up, take my saftey off, cock my gun back and he stops dead in his tracks! I freeze and see him start to sniff the air; he must have done this for a good couple of minutes. The buck turns around, I swing the gun on him, but no shots. As I am following him in my scope, he starts running and blowing at me! Man was I disappointed and ready to call it a morning. Not even 5minutes later, I see another tail flicker 80yds out to my right. First thing I think is maybe that deer came back. I couldn't belive how right after a deer busted me, there was another one not even 5 minutes later! I was in shock! So I stand up with my black powder, and lean against the tree. At first it looked like the deer was gunna go into the pine thicket that big deer went into last night. Next thing I know she turns and makes a b-line straight to me on the edge! I pick the gun up and she stops at 50yds dead in her tracks and starts smelling the air like that 6point did and stomped her foot a couple of times. A few moments later she walks in at 40yds. She stops I put the crosshairs right on her shoulder and let my baby bark! Smoke goes everywhere, I see the deer take off running twards/behind me. I get a good look at that shoulder and I see it COVERED in blood! I knew it wouldn't be long before it hit the dirt. The deer runs into a tree, fumbles, gets back up goes 10yds past that and falls over. Man was I stoked!! When I meet up with dad he tells me he missed a brute of a buck this morning. Yea it's a lil ole spike I killed, but you know what...I don't care! After my hunts yesterday and that 6pt this morning, I am happy as all can be with him! He is gunna taste good on the grill still!

Video I took after I got outta the tree
http://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... nt=001.mp4

Here is a video of me dragging http://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... =003-1.mp4

Never killed a deer with my blackpowder till this morning

Finally got some blood on the knife dagriz made for me last season!

Tomorrow morning, my fiance Dakota is suppose to hunt with us. He never killed a deer before. So I will be handing him my blackpowder and I will either be videoing or huntin with my axiom in the morning. Haven't deciced yet.
Last edited by GooGoos on Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*PRETTY IN PINK, DEADLY IN CAMO!

*In the fall I get to kill em in the rut, but in the spring I get to watch em strut.
*You can take the girl outta woods, but you can't take the addiction outta the girl!
*Can't kill anything sitting on the couch.
Boo

Re: Awsome Morning Hunt

Post by Boo »

Awesome story and pictures! Well told and good taste in taking the pictures. Go girl! :D
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Nighthunter

Post by Nighthunter »

Thank you for sharing the post and pics of your hunt and congratulations!!!!!!!! You did a terrific job describing your hunt and also in being an ethical hunter. I felt like I was there... Great job & thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"The only difference between mediocrity and excellence is effort!" M.T. Walton
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

I see you know how to hunt,kill and skin your own deer...thats awesome to see nowadays ...most young hunters dont know how to do it all ...Congrats on your Hunt
bugs

Post by bugs »

Congtratulations :D
To be a vegetarian is to listen to the live carrot gradually screaming as it drowns in a pot of boiling water …. Which is more ethical to you ?? :roll: :lol:
wabi

Post by wabi »

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Good story & pics!
wabi
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

Thanks for sharing and Congrats! NOW get some blood on that man of yours. :D
reaper

Post by reaper »

Hey the ladies are doing well today, congrats on yor hunt, Its nice to see you follow it to the end. Good luck in the future hunts , Dave.
tman74

Post by tman74 »

Great job. Sounds like a great hunt to me. Congrats on the nice deer!
The meat don't fry if the arrow don't fly!
===========
Matrix 355
Exocet 165
===========
denisdendenis

Post by denisdendenis »

Congrats !!! thanks for sharing your story and pics great job !
excalibur equinox
standard excel string
vari-zone scope
excalibur carbon arrows
3 lunenok excalibur carbon arrows
s5 string chock
range finder mount
GooGoos

Post by GooGoos »

Thanks guys! Here is the entrance shot. I do belive I messed his day up (:
*PRETTY IN PINK, DEADLY IN CAMO!

*In the fall I get to kill em in the rut, but in the spring I get to watch em strut.
*You can take the girl outta woods, but you can't take the addiction outta the girl!
*Can't kill anything sitting on the couch.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Congrat's ! ... Cool story and field pic's !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Congrats on the ML deer. good story, dang what bullet you shoot that spike wid ? Get rid of them & gets something unlike a grenade that you used! :lol:
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
HIGHBOW

Post by HIGHBOW »

Congrats on a great deer
EXCALIBUR Matrix Grizzly & AXIOM SMF, Firebolts and Boltcutters
Hunt safe and always respect what natural gives you!
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Great story and awesome shot, I knew it wouldn't be long before you connected with something. I can already tell you need to work on your fiance and get him in the spirit of hunting as much as you like it.

Great pictures also of you hard at it finishing the job during the skinning process.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads