Broad head accruracy?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Chicagolip

Broad head accruracy?

Post by Chicagolip »

I have a new Vortex, just wondering what you all feelnis the most accurate broad head to shoot. I am shootingbWasp 75 grain just because Ihave several new ones. 20-30-40 they r dead on butvatb50 yards they fly left and right. my field tips are pretty true, what do you all recommend. I have had this bow about a month and the crossbow scene is new to me.
SniperWolf

Re: Broad head accruracy?

Post by SniperWolf »

The 150 grain Excalibur bolt cutters will do you just fine. 75 grain is too light with that bow and will make your flight erratic. The boltcutters fly pretty true I'm sure you would be happy with them.

Enjoy your Vortex it's a great bow
Matrix 330 "Mercy"
Slick Tricks
Boo Custom String
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

more weight in the front. If you want to stick with those broadheads you can go with 110 gn brass inserts up front.
Boo

Post by Boo »

With those light broadheads I would use an Arizona EZ Fletch to give it more offset. Your arrow/broadhead combo is too slow at 50 yards for the FOC and fletching offset you have. Lighter setups need more rotation than heavier set ups with more FOC.
If you are hunting Whitetails you are good to go as is because by many standards 50 yards is overstepping your equipment's boundries. Not all may agree with my last statement but for me 40 yards is stretching it for me and many others. I'm not telling you what to do or telling you what your standards should be. Do what you want and live with it. I'd rather not take a shot and get a chance another day rather than wound an animal I really want and risk the chance of it never being recovered.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
wabi

Post by wabi »

I'd pass on those 50 yard shots anyway. :wink:
wabi
Chicagolip

Post by Chicagolip »

I am shooting Lazer 11 arrows with brass Inserts and custom helical fletched. The reason i asked is I have several people pushing for me to shoot g5 t3s, some rage, and hellcats, andd a few other 100grain broad heads. Any thoughts?
Boo

Post by Boo »

Chicagolip wrote:I am shooting Lazer 11 arrows with brass Inserts and custom helical fletched. The reason i asked is I have several people pushing for me to shoot g5 t3s, some rage, and hellcats, andd a few other 100grain broad heads. Any thoughts?
The G5 T3s are accurate, sharp and do not open on launch from my Vortex. But there are tons of broadheads that work well. Probably the most popular one is the Slick Trick but at the same time it's hard to beat the 150 Bolt cutter. In Bill's latest adventure in Africa that was the broadhead of choice. Excalibur's Exact works well too. So many good broadheads and not enough time and deer to shoot! :mrgreen: All kidding aside I think that you are going to find it difficult to find a 100 gr broadhead that won't fly well on your arrows.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

SWHACKER :mrgreen:
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I would shoot at least a 100 gr. head. I am shooting Slick Tricks and they shoot great. There is a lot talk on another forum about NAP Exodus heads shooting great groups out to 60 and 70 yards for just shooting from the bench. When it came to crossbow I would probably try and stay 40 yards and under. The Exodus heads are considered extremely sharp and tough. Good luck with your choice.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads