Think I made a boo boo!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Nighthunter

Re: Think I made a boo boo!

Post by Nighthunter »

Congrats on your double harvest and for the welcomed advice... I will make extra sure that nothing else is behind the deer I'm focused on shooting. I can sure see how it could happen and will say "Don't beat yourself up about it." You did everything by the book, above board and legal and still had the ethics and integrity to give us a heads up. You did good... Thanks!
"The only difference between mediocrity and excellence is effort!" M.T. Walton
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I never did it with Bow nor crossbow but i have lined up 2 & 3 deer in Beanfields down Home & killed the hell out of'em wid me rifles. Still makes great eatin!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Boo wrote:
wheelie wrote:Where is the pictures? Make sure both are tagged. I here stories of people getting visits from CO from computer stories. Double lungs both deer? In 3 hours you walked home, called a friend, came on computer to tell us, went back out and dragged two deer,which you can only drag 10 feet at a time, one biggest doe from real thick brush that ran 150 yards, field dressed them, walk back to house again, call another friend to come and pickup the deer and tell us you found them. Go back out to the deer and your main concern was to come here to post to let us know. How sweat. And this was all done lawfully I image also. You are good to do all that activity in 3 hours. :roll:[/quote
I arrowed 2 pigs through a heart and lungs and have video footage of it. Consider how freaking small their vitals and the likelyhood of that happening!
Boo if you told me u seen a deer doing a headstand in a bush I would believe you. I have no reason not to. :) :)
Dayelight

Post by Dayelight »

My uncle once killed two deer with a compound vertical bow with the same arrow. I know its possible and after watching my axiom blow through a deer and then stick 7 inches in the dirt, I cant imagine what the higher poundage bows are capable of.
Thanks for sharing.
Axiom SMF
S5, Cheekrest, Munch Mount
Vixenmaster FF
BEEs
Spitfire MAXX and Slick Tricks
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Pretty cool story Griz, lots of meat for the freezer now. My bow season ended today and in 7 days I only saw one mature doe never mind a group of them like you saw.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
strum

Post by strum »

what is the deal man..why did wheelie jump on darrel like that?..
its been a while since we had any crap on the forum and i havent missed it...
i normaly stay out of these things and mabe i should this time too but i just think it was uncalled for.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Congratulations on your harvest!! and on finding the deer Darrel! and thanks for not deleting the post before I could read it :wink:

Who cares what people think, I know you well enough to know you are not full of crap Glad you got the deer and some good meat
I agree
what is the deal man..why did wheelie jump on darrel like that?..
i normaly stay out of these things and mabe i should this time too but i just think it was uncalled for.
and I agree again!!!! :D
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

strum wrote:what is the deal man..why did wheelie jump on darrel like that?..
I didn't think I did. :roll:
wabi

Post by wabi »

wheelie wrote:
strum wrote:what is the deal man..why did wheelie jump on darrel like that?..
I didn't think I did. :roll:
Sure sounded to me like you were calling his entire story BS.
Don't know about the customs where you live, but around here "Them's fightin' words."
wabi
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Great story Darrel. Double harvest happens at times. Some of us has done it by mistake, doesn't matter with what weapon, but what matters is both were found and both were tag. Definitely no need to jump and try and burn the person to the stake for this. Shame on you, and you know who you are, I do not need to put names down. We as hunters do not need to be downing one of our own. That is all I will say about this.
Raymond
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Congrats on the freezer full!

Ol' Gordon is probably smiling ear to ear right now..
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Congrat's on the hunt and recovering both .

Bet you had a decent knife for the field work eh ! :lol:
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I've always considered this to be something I would want to intentionally try to do given the perfect circumstances. In a few decades of hunting, I've never had a perfect situation that I would be comfortable trying. I guess being on ground level with the deer is almost a requirement. If I ever end up with a single arrow double, mine would probably be an accident as well.

Congrats anyway. At the very least it was a good shot on the first one.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
ch312

Post by ch312 »

DuckHunt wrote:I've always considered this to be something I would want to intentionally try to do given the perfect circumstances. In a few decades of hunting, I've never had a perfect situation that I would be comfortable trying.
intentionally attempting such a shot is both unethical and just plain stupid as we all know how unpredictable an arrow/bullet can be after deflecting off of or going through bone. show the animal the respect they deserve and make well placed shots on each animal. trick shots belong on the range, not in hunting situations.

this thread is a perfect example why we as hunters/shooters should always make sure what our backstop is. the OP was very lucky multiple tags were available to be used.