Good news for the GoPro guys.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

Good news for the GoPro guys.

Post by Pydpiper »

They finally have the smartphone app on the market, for free.
The Iphone app is up and running but the Android still says "coming soon".
This is one of the reasons I chose the GoPro over the other POV cameras, having control over the camera with a live view sent to the phone is simply amazing. The GoPro produces it's own WiFi network, one touch on the phone and you can toggle between video or photos, wide angle high speed or 1080P clarity.
I had to wrestle my kid out of his Ipod Touch so I could hook it up until they complete the Android app, been a pile of fun!
I really wish I had it mounted to a tree behind me during the early deer season, or even on the ground looking up towards my stand..
I am going to mount it to my Beretta this weekend and call some geese, sad part is my 10 year old son is the only one who can do my video editing, I just can't figure it out. :D
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
joe171

Re: Good news for the GoPro guys.

Post by joe171 »

Post what you shoot Pyd

Joe :D
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

The GoPro will be my next addition to my photography equipment... :D
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Where did you purchase your gopro David?
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

I found mine on Amazon last fall when they had their prechristmas blitz. Had them on for a great price (HD hero outdoor set was $150). I am keeping my eye out for a good deal on the HD Hero2 as it is supposed to be a big improvement over the Hero. It has been worth every penny.

Piper what model are you using? I was excited about the app as well but Gopro's site said it only worked with the Hero2.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Of the little research I did, the app has delays (3-5sec) and sometimes on a downloadable upgrade it will turn that thing on the back of the gopro into a "brick"

But I don't put too much faith into app reviews. You don't know the capacity of some of the people writing them and they may come out with an update to fix any problems.

Go pro sound like a nice set-up. I may have to get rid of my bushnell videoscope.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

one shot scott wrote:Where did you purchase your gopro David?
Got my Hero2 at the Future Shop, their prices aren't always the best, but the warranty cant be beat.
I buy my extra mounts in the States when we visit, it is very common for them to be on sale there. We have mounts stuck to everything we own that moves, except the canoe which we originally bought it for.
Updating software on the unit is very easy, plug it in to the computer, it finds the update and downloads it by it's self. You have to do it three times, once for the camera, then the WiFi pack, then the remote. The whole process takes about 5 minutes.
It has been a very family friendly purchase, simple enough for the kids to use and durable enough to not have to worry about it. Lately my son has been putting it on his kite, gets some great footage of the house..
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Have been waiting to buy a Go Pro a as well . Low light conditions have me wonder how well it would work .

Video editing is always easiest when there is an 8 year old around, they have it figured out in no time . :?
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

How does the gopro react in cold temperatures? Does it function normally? That's my biggest complaint with the videoscope. Dang thing won't turn on when its cold outside.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

one shot scott wrote:How does the gopro react in cold temperatures? Does it function normally? That's my biggest complaint with the videoscope. Dang thing won't turn on when its cold outside.
Lithium-Ion batteries, not affected by the cold. Keep in mind the camera was designed to be attached to a snowboard, among other things.
Google "GoPro snow", and have a look.. :D
WMU 91
Boo string
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

one shot scott wrote:How does the gopro react in cold temperatures? Does it function normally? That's my biggest complaint with the videoscope. Dang thing won't turn on when its cold outside.
Used my Hero2 early pike fishing had some fogging issues. Don't really know why although I was filming for extended periods. It was cold and raining had the waterproof housing on. The batteries may have warmed up causing the fog? Do have the anti-fog pads just didn't use them didn't know? Should be fine though if you are filming short clips. Going to treat mine like a rifle scope keeping the camera in a cold/cool environment prior to use.
Scott
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

They get used on snowmobiles all the time, if I had the extra coin I'd love to have one.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

For those in extreme cold situations, the go pro hero2 has an integrated battery warming feature to keep the battery and camera going a bit longer.

They are a well designed piece of equipment that I don't use nearly enough.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Pyd , how does the camera work in low light conditions ?? Looking to buy another video camera and the Hero 2 looks to be the one to get >
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Farmer wrote:Pyd , how does the camera work in low light conditions ?? Looking to buy another video camera and the Hero 2 looks to be the one to get >
Low light is great, no issues that I can find. There is a good comparison on YouTube with the Hero2 vs. the Original Hero, it seems they made some significant changes.
WMU 91
Boo string