Scope adjustments maxed out

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

fuel80guy

Re: Scope adjustments maxed out

Post by fuel80guy »

I'm having the same problem with my Ibex.
I bought a shadowzone scope and it is shooting high and right with both windage and elevation.
I contacted excalibur and was told to return it for warranty replacement.
It's a good thing I'm only 1 hour drive away from my there.
miller1buc

Post by miller1buc »

Ok, so I went out this morning after switching the rings around last night as someone suggested in another forum. First shot was LOW and right which was completely different than yesterday. After a couple adjustments I have arrows touching in the red at 20 yards.

And to continue the conversation, from what I saw there wasnt a front/back rings in any instructions. What could have caused there to be that much difference? I did snug the screws down a little tighter the first go round. So I guess that could have played a part in it.

Thanks again everyone. I love having a community like this to reach out to.
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I'm glad you got it worked out, thats interesting to know about the rings
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Louisianacook

Post by Louisianacook »

Whew, glad I found this place.... I like the OP have an ibex with a varizone that is maxed out. Looks like whoever put this kit together also installed the rings backwards. The scope is definitely pointing up. Great resource y'all have here. Love the bow and can't wait to put some notches on it.

Thanks!

Lee
peter p

Post by peter p »

You can try spinning the rings around.
Not front to back.... but if your screw that tightens the rings to the base is on the right side turn them so it's on the left side.

This usually corrects the problem.
myflatline

Post by myflatline »

I have the same issue with my IBEX, I found the scope rail was @ 1/8" lower than that of my BIL's NOX. tried loosening the 4 screws to adjust but still did not get enough. Moved the scope mouts, checked everything. Temporarily have a shim under the front, we bow season ends I will be contacting Danny.

I'm wondering it a batch of Ibexes got drilled wrong.

Only 1 doe so far this year with it, but still have 2 weeks
Louisianacook

Post by Louisianacook »

Whoever suggested flipping the rings was a genius. Flipped everything last night, this am it is dead nuts perfect @ 20 yds! No holding over etc. it's scary how accurate this bow is. :twisted:

Thanks again,

Lee
miller1buc

Post by miller1buc »

myflatline wrote:I have the same issue with my IBEX, I found the scope rail was @ 1/8" lower than that of my BIL's NOX. tried loosening the 4 screws to adjust but still did not get enough. Moved the scope mouts, checked everything. Temporarily have a shim under the front, we bow season ends I will be contacting Danny.

I'm wondering it a batch of Ibexes got drilled wrong.

Only 1 doe so far this year with it, but still have 2 weeks

Let me know what you find out from Danny. As the last poster reported, mine is dead on @ 20 & 30 yards now. By looking at it, the mount base does appear to point downward ever so slightly. So not sure what going on there. If nothing else, they need to publish better instructions or more detail about it.