Don't Do This.....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

nchunterkw

Don't Do This.....

Post by nchunterkw »

I was still hunting the other day carrying my Vortex and caught myself doing something really stupid. Thought I'd pass it along. When my bow is not cocked, I sometimes carry it around by grabbing it with my hand on top of the rail. It's easy to carry it veritcally by doing that. I was heading into some thick stuff and wanted to turn the bow to get through and did that same thing, but with it cocked (safety on) and with an arrow in it. Maybe not that big a deal, but if for some reason that thing went off while I was holding the rail, I'm pretty sure I would remember it for a long time......and probably have to throw "lefty" from then on....

Be safe.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Hester0305

Re: Don't Do This.....

Post by Hester0305 »

We do some crazy things sometimes and don't think about it until afterwards. I never thought I would dry fire my crossbow either but I was wrong so wrong I've did it twice in a year. Glad you caught yourself and shared the info.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
bigsy

Post by bigsy »

Caught myself about to do that couple times had the same thought :shock:
"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak." Ted Nuget

Wabi call to bring them close,
Exomax with Boo string projecting Big John bolts, to bring them home
Dayelight

Post by Dayelight »

Ive done similar things. A few times Ive caught myself with my hand or arm in between the string and the limb, with the bow cocked. The stand I sit in sometimes is really small and leaves little room for setting the bow down. If for some reason my bow had gone off I would have been in a world of hurt.
It's good to remind ourselves sometimes.
Having ur hands anywhere where the string could catch or get hit by the limbs is just down right dangerous.
I know I wouldnt sit with my H&R slug gun aimed at my arm.
Axiom SMF
S5, Cheekrest, Munch Mount
Vixenmaster FF
BEEs
Spitfire MAXX and Slick Tricks