Spreading the word at Cabelas

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

JT of PA

Spreading the word at Cabelas

Post by JT of PA »

I was able to run up to Cabelas in Hamburg, Pennsylvania today.

For those not familiar with Cabelas its a large, outdoor store and something of a "Destination Place" around these parts.

Looking at arrow components I saw a couple guys looking at an Axiom. Started to work my way over and "overhear" the conversation. 10 minutes later I had the Axion in hand and going over the differences between the various Excalibur models hanging from the rack. Explaining to these guys the differences between Excalibur and all the other cam-crossbows really re-inforced in my mind how much and how satisfied I am with my Ibex. Even the forearm of the stock and its tall, "less chance of finger bite" design, the flat bottom for laying on a rest and even the squared off front that allows you to use your index finger to pull on the front of the forearm and really cinch the stock in tight to your shoulder hollow.

The funny part was I was wearing a Dark Green Under-Armour golf shirt and after awhile it hit me, "They think I work here". :lol:

Did not make the sale unfortunately, however I guarantee they now have a good and full knowledge of Excalibur. I told them to visit this website, look over the forum and see for themselves how the purchase of an Excalibur crossbow is the start of a relationship that extends well past the doors of the store when you leave with your new Excalibur crossbow.

Explained how the US customer service is handled by Danny Miller. Once phone call and he will make it right to the best of his ability. Told them to do a search on Danny Miller and see all the great comments and actual experiences people had. Asked them, "Wouldn't you like to own something that comes with customer care the way it use to be, the way it should be"?

When I hung the Axiom back on its peg, I turned and there was an older gentleman standing a bit off to the side, he asked if he could ask a question about the crossbows I was talking about with the other two men. :wink: I got my second breath and then started over again. It was fun to have the opportunity to share the information I have learned from you all on this forum, e-mails, phone calls and in person.

It was a really good trip to Cabelas.

I appreciate all those who make this forum the special place it is. Since getting my Ibex at the end of August I have not been on any of my old gun forums: Rudeness, Non-family friendly topics, Foul language, Hatred, etc.

This site is refreshing and something I needed.

It feels hollow in a way, but all I can think of saying to express my feelings is a heartfelt "Thank You".

All the best,
John
Last edited by JT of PA on Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Normous

Re: Spreading the word at Cabelas

Post by Normous »

If I win the lottery I'm going to Cabelas first!
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:D it is a great place to be!!!!
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Sounds like you were a great salesman even though you didn't make a sale. This is one of the best websites out there. I bounce back and forth from here to Archery Talk forum but this is truly the best.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

enormous wrote:If I win the lottery I'm going to Cabelas first!
If i hit it im going to buy me a Cabelas :wink:
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

No Cabela's around these parts :(
But i got me a Bass Pro 15 minutes from my house!!! :D :D :D :D
Redneck heaven!! :lol: :lol:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Dayelight

Post by Dayelight »

Haha. I had a similar experience the other day when I was in a Dicks sporting goods store. A few guys were looking at compound xbows and I had to learn them on the Excalibur way. I listened to the customer service guy talk for about five minutes and realized he had no idea what he was talking about. i waited for him to walk away and made my move. :lol:
Axiom SMF
S5, Cheekrest, Munch Mount
Vixenmaster FF
BEEs
Spitfire MAXX and Slick Tricks
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

Stealth Excaliburing :lol:
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

They keep saying that a Bass Pro Shop is coming to the Tampa area. Really wish that Cabelas would beat them to the punch. I had the opportunity to visit the Cabelas in Edmonton, Alberta last year. It was much better than any Bass Pro Shop That I have ever been to.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

UPSMAN ... I agree wholeheartedly. The Bass Pro Shop in Harrisburg is not even close to Cabelas. In my opinion. I am fortunate to have both within an hour drive. Hope you get your Cabelas. My nephew wants to visit them all and get his picture with the huge statues many of them have out front. - John
bugs

Post by bugs »

I found myself in a store not long ago telling a guy why the bow the staff was showing him was so good then this week I told a client all about them. :D I am no pro but can at least speak because I have also learned a lot here.
To be a vegetarian is to listen to the live carrot gradually screaming as it drowns in a pot of boiling water …. Which is more ethical to you ?? :roll: :lol:
mingle

Post by mingle »

enormous wrote:If I win the lottery I'm going to Cabelas first!
I like going to cabelas but the people working at he store in dundee mi dont know much,thats all Im saying about that..