Vortex
firebolt
boostring
bolt cutter
dissipator pad
S5

amazing quiet
amazing accurate

a friend of mine came over with his mathews Z7X and was shooting it at 30 yds... and promised me he could stack them tighter than my crossbow... he had 6 arrows in a decent baseball size group at 30 yds...

i don't have 150 grain FP's and took a shot into the center of his group with a dull'd boltcutter... he's now missing a few fletchings....i told him i'd save us both the money and not shoot a second shot.
GAMIKATSU///Edward

Excalibur MEGA 405
440 GN BE Zombie Slayer
379 FPS over prochrono digital
140 Foot Lbs Kinetic Energy
maine hunter

Re: pure excal setup... magical!

Post by maine hunter »

:lol: would have love to see his face!!!
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Shoot on & learn him a thing or 2!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
JohnnyDollar

Post by JohnnyDollar »

Very good. I like that.
I love the smell of damp rotting leaves in the morning
miller1buc

Post by miller1buc »

Gamikatsu,
You mentioned the s5, were you able to notice much of a difference with the addition of that alone? I put it on mine and was pretty dissapointed with the results. Wasnt expecting miracles, but expected it to be better than it was, which seemed like nothing.
Gamikatsu

Post by Gamikatsu »

Miller1, Fantastic questeion, but let me try and break down the answer to this. the S5 system is designed to do more than just sound... in fact, i feel it really didn't do much as far as sound. the S5 stands for... String Shock Sound Suppression System. it did suppress sound, by a decent bit... but... the SHOCK is what it eliminated. these bows will never be silent... the stocks are metal and plastic, and your holding it against your cheek bone... the metal/plastic is transmitting all that shock/sound directly into your ears through your cheek bone... essentially. compound bows seem quieter because they are held away from your body, less draw weight, etc... shoot your excalibur away from your body, or better yet... let someone else shoot it... stand 3 feet away from them. you will be surprised how quiet it is. its still quite Twangy... but most of that can be dissipated. Boo states on his website, he thinks the quietest that a excal can be is, dissipator pads, S5, boostring, catwhiskers, and wood stock... i bet this is pretty close to the truth, if not dead on. all in all, i think the S5 was 45 dollars very very well spent... did it make my Vortex a deadly assassin sniper weapon... well, maybe not... but it definatly made it quieter... Especially with an aftermarket string... but the VIBRATION and SHOCK is what cut down more than sound.
GAMIKATSU///Edward

Excalibur MEGA 405
440 GN BE Zombie Slayer
379 FPS over prochrono digital
140 Foot Lbs Kinetic Energy
joe171

Post by joe171 »

It`s not the bow it`s the archer behind the bow :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: