Try this rut formula this year ....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

R.J.

Try this rut formula this year ....

Post by R.J. »

Calculation used to determine the Rut: Autumn Equinox + 2 Full Moon Cycles + 10 Days = 1st Day of Rut + 14 days of activity

Whitetail behavior master > Charlie Alshiemer predicts an earlier RUT

The Autumnal Equinox for this year falls on Sept 22, making the rutting moon October 29.
According to Charlie’s theory, we should start seeing light seeking starting around the 24-25th of October. The seeking should escalate to full chase phase around the 30-31st of October. The breeding phase should start the following week, right around the 6-7th of November and should be finished up by the 17-18th, then the second rut should be into seeking/chase phase.
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
JohnnyDollar

Re: Try this rut formula this year ....

Post by JohnnyDollar »

That's pretty interesting. Our rut here in Tennessee usually is in full swing around the 2 weeks surrounding thanksgiving.
I love the smell of damp rotting leaves in the morning
Normous

Post by Normous »

JohnnyDollar wrote:That's pretty interesting. Our rut here in Tennessee usually is in full swing around the 2 weeks surrounding thanksgiving.
RJ quoted the Northern region. Texas is in the Southern region and Charlie has different rut dates for the South
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Perfect! I am off next week for 7 days of camping and hunting. Hope the deer show up now!!!
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Controlled hunt for my area starts 1st full week of November . Should work out well ! The corn is coming off fast as well -------if we have good weather I will be :D
Dayelight

Post by Dayelight »

I just finished reading his book last week. Pretty interesting stuff. I have seen increased buck activity on my cam since last week. I just picked off a 2x1 last night. Mr. Alsheimer knows his stuff. He keeps logs so he doesn't forget it.. :wink: :wink:
Axiom SMF
S5, Cheekrest, Munch Mount
Vixenmaster FF
BEEs
Spitfire MAXX and Slick Tricks
DanO

Post by DanO »

Well I purposely sat out in my climbing stand on Friday with just that "seeking behaviour" in mind. Turned out it was a beautiful day and the only thing the bucks in my area were seeking was sunlight and sleep. :lol:
Dan O.
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.