What to do to keep rust from forming on Excal's???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

lswoody

What to do to keep rust from forming on Excal's???

Post by lswoody »

What needs to be done to keep this from happening especially when it is raining or there is lots of moisture in the air????
Proverbs 3:5-6
maine hunter

Re: What to do to keep rust from forming on Excal's???

Post by maine hunter »

:D i take gun oil and wipe down all metal parts and wd-40 to spray in trigger area.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Boo

Post by Boo »

When you come in from the cold leave the bow in your case (padded is best) for a few hours. This will alow the bow to warm up and not allow condensation to form on the bow. After that leave the bow over a hot air register.
If your bow got rained on do the same thing but after take the stock off and leave it over a hot air register.
If you want to do a bit more for you bow then take an artist's paint brush with a very light penetrating oil like WD40 and "paint" whatever trigger mechanism you can see. Just get the brush wet and not dripping wet and what you apply will creep to where it will do good.
BTW, if you have a thumb hole stocked bow make sure you remove the rear of the stock first.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
tsc

Post by tsc »

I put Breakfree CLP on it and let it soak overnight and wiped off excess in morning. I haven't' had any problems yet. I've also heard good things about G96 CLP also.
Boo

Post by Boo »

BTW, putting in too much of anything in the newer trigger units will wash away the MoS2 that is on the sears and latch/sear pins.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

i give the outside screws a rub with string wax. seems to keep the surface rust from happening. if it starts to pour i get the heck out of the woods unless i have a portable roof with me.