S5 with Dyna strings

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Foonus

Re: S5 with Dyna strings

Post by Foonus »

Boo wrote:If you have a tiller/limb issue all you really need to do is to send the limbs off to either Excalibur in Canada or Danny Miller in Ohio.
Fill in your location because sometimes it's easier to help you if we know where you are.
I'm glad to have someone with your expertise at this to fall back on for advice. I took a picture with my string set flush with the furthest bumper to illustrate what i am talking about.

Would you be concerned enough about this to have the product replaced/serviced? Is there any way to tell if its the limbs themselves or if its the head that is machined for them to bolt onto?

Note the scale of the gap by comparing it to the width of the string. Click to zoom in ofcourse

**Edit
Thanks for the PM
\\\\\___________________\"-._
/////~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/.-'

Equinox/Tact-Zone/FFF String/S-5/TAC Pak
CX Maxima Hunter 20'' W/ Muzzy Crosskill 125gn. Total 413gn.
Leupold RX-1000 TBR DNA
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Foonus wrote:
flightattendant100 wrote: ...The S-5's pretty well determine what brace ht. you need to shoot....
Guess Bill doesn't use S5 if he sets at 1'' :mrgreen:
Would you be concerned if the distance between one rubber stopper was 2 credit cards and the other 3-4, and even after swapping the stoppers you get the same result on the same side. Would it twitch the string to that side as it hits it and also affect aim of the bolt by doing so?? What do you think?
When that was written there wasnt such a thing as an S-5.They are recent within the last year or so. You are worrying too much.Go shoot it and see how it does. I bet you are amazed.
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Don't over think this.
The 1 inch rule was and still is just a starting point.
Tiller on a vertical bow is more critical and on a compound crossbow as well and not so much on a recurve.
You could switch the limbs left for right and see if there is a change in your tiller.
If it's still the same then just shoot it the way it is.
My tiller is the same as what you pictured on my max and shoots just fine.

Just make sure to keep the string off the bumpers of the S5.
Too much contact and the string will split the rubber bumpers.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Gamikatsu

Post by Gamikatsu »

for SH@# and giggles i took the S5 off last nigyht and took a few shots... my wife immediatly new what what up... WOW ED... why did your bow get louder? i told her... she said PUT THAT THANG BACK ON. i complied. i do believe my dissipator pads are getting flattened out, and need replaced too.
GAMIKATSU///Edward

Excalibur MEGA 405
440 GN BE Zombie Slayer
379 FPS over prochrono digital
140 Foot Lbs Kinetic Energy
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

I do believe my dissipator pads are getting flattened out, and need replaced too.
Call Danny..........
"Eze 18:21"
miller1buc

Post by miller1buc »

Gamikatsu wrote:for SH@# and giggles i took the S5 off last nigyht and took a few shots... my wife immediatly new what what up... WOW ED... why did your bow get louder? i told her... she said PUT THAT THANG BACK ON. i complied. i do believe my dissipator pads are getting flattened out, and need replaced too.
Wish I could say the same about the s5. Seems like a waste of money to me as it hardly helps at all from my experience.
jd4223

Post by jd4223 »

Looks like the rubber S5 that's touching the string is longer(extended) than the other rubber S5.Maybe the S5 is the problem(too long/defective).Can you compress it or does it still come back to its original length touching the string?
Foonus

Post by Foonus »

jd4223 wrote:Looks like the rubber S5 that's touching the string is longer(extended) than the other rubber S5.Maybe the S5 is the problem(too long/defective).Can you compress it or does it still come back to its original length touching the string?
It actually does looks the same way if you take the rubber stopper right off there and swap it with the one from the other side.
Boo sent me a PM with a bit more advice, going to take it out to the country tomorrow and sight it in at 40 and see if it affects her at that range. If its doesn't throw things off it may well be within acceptable tolerance... can always hope.
/////~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/.-'

Leupold RX-1000 TBR DNA
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Too much looking for a problem that does not exist :!: :!:
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
derf

Post by derf »

Ont_Excal wrote:Too much looking for a problem that does not exist :!: :!:
x2
Foonus

Post by Foonus »

Really glad to hear that you guys think that this won't be an issue. Was talking with Boo, who figured that it may well be within manufacturing tolerance if i get decent grouping at 40. Going to do that later today, and if all goes well will keep walking into the field :P

+1 for the second half of your signature Ont_Excal
/////~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/.-'

Leupold RX-1000 TBR DNA