Few questions about my new Axiom

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbowjay

Few questions about my new Axiom

Post by xbowjay »

Just bought a new Axiom! I'm not new to crossbows but this is my first Excalibur! Not exactly happy about the excel string but can live with it for this season(only cause I already sacrificed the fps by buying the lower end bow). My question is is ok to install both the S5 system and a dissipator bar set on my Axiom and what if anything will that affect?
Axiom
707 acers pure deer bliss
Meldrum Bay, Manitoulin Island
Boo

Re: Few questions about my new Axiom

Post by Boo »

The first time you dry-fire your bow you'll be happy you had that string on. It's a good string and stick with it for at least a year. Lots of guys here use the string year after year.
You reall don't need the S5 and the disapator bars. The S5 is really the best of the two. The bars are not worth the weight they add to the bow.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
buckdeer

Post by buckdeer »

I heard somewhere that if you have a dryfire you will be glad you have the disapator bars on. how true that is, i don't know just something i read. as far as the bars adding weight i think i will keep mine on just incase i have the dreaded dryfire. good luck to all and be safe BUCKDEER
KILL SWIFTLY & APPOLOGIZE TO NO ONE
xbowjay

Post by xbowjay »

I'm not really worried about the weight, its more about getting the most noise reduction i can. I am going to keep the orig. string on for this season. thanks for the advice.

One other question , If I add the luminock inserts into the firebolts that came with my CB will it have much affect? And also where does everyone recommend buying supplies online?
Axiom
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

No on the diss setup, yes on S-5. I get my components from Wyvern Creations since Danny doesn't carry them, another good guy and cheap!

The FFF takes a lot of love and attention for those 10 fps, btw.
"Eze 18:21"
xbowjay

Post by xbowjay »

Bought the S5 at Kukigami Jacks just outside Sudbury ON. $41.00 CAD. great price as they were over $60 at another local store.
Axiom
xbowjay

Post by xbowjay »

Can't wait for this weekend to get out and hunt with my new excal. The wifes getting pretty angry that I keep taking it out every night. (last night we watched a movie together... me and my Axiom, not the wife!!!)
Axiom
Woodspike

Post by Woodspike »

Just wait to see the look on her face when it starts sleeping next to you in bed... err... on the couch. :mrgreen:
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

If you fill out your profile a tad, it will show your country under your user name. :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"
Dan.A

Post by Dan.A »

in his signature it says manitoulin island so I figure he is canadian
Axiom
FOC BH
Dayelight

Post by Dayelight »

I put the S5 on my axiom but I am considering the dissipator bars as well. I dont really think its necessary but I like customizing.
The S5 definitely quiets it down a bit.
I hear the Dis bars bring down your fps a little bit. Im not sure how true that is, but I heard it, or maybe I didn't, I don't remember. :?
I cant really say where to get your supplies there in "canadia" but Amazon, Bass Pro, and Cabelas all work for me here in the US of A. I know that isn't really helpful, sorry. I know Dan Miller supplies as well at a reasonable price.
Good luck.
Axiom SMF
S5, Cheekrest, Munch Mount
Vixenmaster FF
BEEs
Spitfire MAXX and Slick Tricks