what the fletch

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

fredbeer

what the fletch

Post by fredbeer »

My current arrows are 2216's, 125 slick trick mag's, and I use ten point nocks. The tenpoint nocks allow an insert that makes it easy to re-fletch the arrows. Does anyone else use this setup? Seems to me that it would be hard to fletch a solid flat nock. I would like to know what you use. I'm using a Bitz.
Masboy

Re: what the fletch

Post by Masboy »

bitz makes a special nock receiver for crossbow arrows. the best thing I done is buy an ariziona bolt fletcher and retired my bitz!!!!
munch

Post by munch »

on my bitz i just glued an old knock on a field point then screw it into the end of the shaft an put it in my jig if that makes scents. i could take a pic if it would help munch
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
fredbeer

Post by fredbeer »

Munch, no pic required, I have done what you describe. Masboy I would like to stay with the bitz. Have you tried the adapter and does it work?
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

yes, but i use one like munch made most of the time because it will not spin on the shaft like the other one if your not real careful.
Tennessee Tom

Post by Tennessee Tom »

I agree I have both flecthers the bitizen berger with the crossbow adapter and also the Arizona bolt ,, when using the bitizenberger it is important to be sure arrow is rotating with the adapter or vanes will not be same degrees apart , and the bolt puts a more aggresive helical + 3 vanes at a time ,, my favorite !!
Woodspike

Post by Woodspike »

Here is what I came up with for using with the Bitz

An old carbon express nock, cut down, with the correct size bolt screwed in. Cut the bolt head off with the dremel, and she fit like a dream.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I could sell these at $2 a piece and make a killing. Patent Pending! :wink: