Silver Flame Broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Gamikatsu

Silver Flame Broadheads

Post by Gamikatsu »

has anyone ever shot them? worth the hype/90 bucks?
GAMIKATSU///Edward

Excalibur MEGA 405
440 GN BE Zombie Slayer
379 FPS over prochrono digital
140 Foot Lbs Kinetic Energy
shafferm

Re: Silver Flame Broadheads

Post by shafferm »

Haven't shot them personally. However, two blade broadheads are generally more suited to shooting through animals with very thick skin where the extra penetration is required. The other useful application for two bladed heads would be for enough penetration to make a clean kill with a very low draw weight bow that is not putting a lot of kinetic energy into the arrow. The three bladed heads are usually a better match for deer size game, three blade heads will give you an increase in the number of blood vessels that get cut as it passes through the animal. Two blade heads work as well although they are likely to end up sticking further in the ground on a pass through than their three bladed counterparts. The large diameter of the SF broadhead is going to require a fairly large FOC and an aggressive helix fletch to get them to fly consistently, they would likely be a real pain to get tuned in for consistent groupings. They don't appear to give an advantage when used for game in North America with an Excalibur. They seem much more suited towards African game.
2002 Exomag
Varizone with Burris Sig. Zee Rings
My mods:
Scope cover adapters
Optomechanical rangefinder
Custom built lit nocks
BCY Trophy flemish string
20" XX75 2219 arrows with 4" feathers
Gamikatsu

Re: Silver Flame Broadheads

Post by Gamikatsu »

oh i'd never drop the Bills on them... but i have a friend who's looking at actually buying them... i laughed but he swore up and down that his Bad ARSE Barnett Jackal Crossbow needed a 100 dollar set of heads to punch through these big thick skinned wild GA hawgs we got down here... i giggled and handed him a boltcutter. but it got me thinking... are they worth it?
GAMIKATSU///Edward

Excalibur MEGA 405
440 GN BE Zombie Slayer
379 FPS over prochrono digital
140 Foot Lbs Kinetic Energy