The Definitive Answer

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

fuzzy

Re: The Definitive Answer

Post by fuzzy »

Last edited by fuzzy on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

I,m no brain surgeon that,s for sure but I see serving marks on the nocks and the damage does not look like it has the damage the same place all the time.and I see no possibility of that damage done by the serving ,claw,rail or anything other than from a hit from behind with another arrow. I must be getting bored today waiting to go hunting to be looking at these nocks so much!!!
mowerman

Post by mowerman »

Welp - Looks like the dememtia kicked in again. I completely missed this post. I had been out of town hunting (no luck yet) - thus the disappearance.
Awshucks sent me a PM and told me that he had talked to Mr. Miller. I appreciate him doing that, just like I appreciate all you great folks trying to help me.
The post where I started all this (Need Help Please) is where I posted my feeble apology for taking everyone's time for a stupid mistake.
Being mechanically inclined, I could not see how the Equinox was causing the problem. It finally dawned on me that although I was not getting complete RH's, I had arrows touching each other quite often. I have shot traditional bows for years, but never had this issue with them. It finally dawned on me that the Equinox was hitting with a whole lot more power than any traditional bow I ever shot. Thus the nocks were taking a hit - but my brain was on vacation.
Again, as in my last post --- it is hard to believe how hard one group of people will work to help someone out. You guys (and gals) are all good people. I thank each of you that replied for your help and effort.
Now - about that scope problem ------ just kidding!!!!!
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Pay us back! Call Danny and order a few nocks, maybe a string or two to make it worth while. Swap the dinged nocks out, don't shoot twice at same spot and report back if any more dings show up............Deal?
"Eze 18:21"
mowerman

Post by mowerman »

Hey Awshucks -
Yea - it's a deal. Will get ahold of Danny and get a few things.
Little slow on the return -- been out playing in the woods for a few days.
No luck yet - but it has been in the 70 degree range. Was sweating yesterday. Saw a couple of nice bucks a day or two ago -- both at 150 yards.
Today we are currently at 34 degrees and had a few ice pellets mixed with a lot of rain. Maybe that will make something start moving.
Once again, thanks to you and everybody else that replied to my issue.
Shooting one arrow at a time and have had no more "nock nicks". Great part is the Equinox puts them all in the same hole at 20 yards. One at a time!
Good luck to all!
JT of PA

Post by JT of PA »

Shame the answer was discovered ... this was turning into a Hardy Boys mystery. :lol:

(You know its a good "who dunnit" when your wife walks by, sees you on the forum and asks, "Did they figure out the nock mystery yet"? :lol: