blind calling or blind rattleling

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

munch

blind calling or blind rattleling

Post by munch »

just wonder do lots do that. i known i have but very seldom .ive read lots of storys about calling or rattling and 15 to 30 minutes latter a buck shows up so not sure if its the calling or the deer would have been there regardless.i know Ive watched deer travel from farm to farm down fence rows and open bush and they can travel a long way in a short time at a normal pace.
my stratigee is to wait and see the deer then start soft and work louder until they hear you .when it comes to a buck i also try to do it so he just hears a single soft one that makes him stop .if you watch them you can almost see them thinking did i hear that i'm sure i heard that oh maybe it was nothing.then let them turn or take a step and do another just single slightly louder .it will get there attention every time like he says yep i did hear that and turn and head right too you. i then keep my mouth shut until they walk into a shooting lane and the last thing they hear is maaa . do the same with horns and you can see when you need to be more aggressive there are also lots of times that one soft grunt or bleat will send them in the other direction.
myself i hunt 95 percent out of a tree witch rally helps to see reactions
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
VixChix

Re: blind calling or blind rattleling

Post by VixChix »

Likely depends on the area, the time in the season, and the buck/doe ratio.

In my area one call, or two close together are best. If they are going to respond it's because they're curious. I think if you call too much they tune in on the call, know your position and see you long before you spot them.

Interesting to see how sometimes they totally ignore the calls, and other times they almost give themselves whiplash trying to see where it came from. :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

I prefer to see the deer and see how it reacts but blind callings brought a lot of deer to me . a lot of time it happens soon after the calling and there not quiet about it. sometimes I here them coming at a fast walk or trot and I,m ready!! and others will sneak in looking all around but it works great for me.
rayman

Post by rayman »

Never had much luck grunting. All I could ever do was make a buck stop and look for a few seconds. Have buddies that swear by it though. :)
Louvp

Post by Louvp »

I've had alot of luck with calling with a grunt call & also with Primos Doe in Heat can call. One time out I grunted in 3 bucks at the same time that was exciting. I will also blind call during the rut. I had a real nice buck come running in looking for a fight. I've never had any luck with rattling
Excal Axiom SMF
Firebolts / 2" Bohning Blazers
Muzzy 125 >>>------->
Primos Trigger Stick
Nikon ProStaff 550 Rangefinder
B3,

http://www.worldclasstaxidermy.net/
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I have been trying the blind callin fer past couple of days. No responese but nutten ventured nutten gained & i wasn't seein any so i didn't lose nor scare any!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315