The rut

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Cossack

The rut

Post by Cossack »

From a friend: "I had an interesting experience last night. About a mile north of my house, on my way to an election party (aka Republican Wake), I came across a dead doe smack in the middle of the road – she had just been killed because the blood was still running out of her. Standing next to her, and refusing to move, was a 6 point buck. If I would have rolled my window down on my side, I could have touched the deer. He was grunting and in obvious distress that the doe was dead. I called 911 and waited there with my flashers on until police arrived to remove the doe. Then went to the party, came back on the same road at 11 p.m. and the buck is standing in the ditch, looking for his playmate."
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
fujimo

Re: The rut

Post by fujimo »

wow thats crazy. Poor little guy is heartbroken lol :roll:
Exomax
vari-zone scope
125gr. Rage 2blade
Boo custom string
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

my sons first deer with a bow at 10 years old nov10 quite a few years ago. I sat in the stand with him and he made a perfect 15yd shot on a doe and to our supprize after the shot there was a nice buck following her we did not see till he shot the doe. she went thirty yards and fell over. as we watched the buck followed her and as she lay dead the buck was licking her rear and would not leave. my bow I left in the truck and we sat there and watched and what a fine buck. I got out of the tree and had to run him off before I let my son get down.something we both will never forget about his first hunt!
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

Masboy wrote:my sons first deer with a bow at 10 years old nov10 quite a few years ago. I sat in the stand with him and he made a perfect 15yd shot on a doe and to our supprize after the shot there was a nice buck following her we did not see till he shot the doe. she went thirty yards and fell over. as we watched the buck followed her and as she lay dead the buck was licking her rear and would not leave. my bow I left in the truck and we sat there and watched and what a fine buck. I got out of the tree and had to run him off before I let my son get down.something we both will never forget about his first hunt!
Why not take your son's and harvest the buck?????
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

I,m left handed and he,s right and it was a browning 35-45 micro Midas and he was only sighted for up to 20yds.it was just a kids bow and he wanted to shoot but I said no! not sighted in for thirty and not going to take a shot like that. he then understanded I think!!!!
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

She must have been ready to bread and got hit by a car .
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
Woodspike

Post by Woodspike »

gerald strine wrote:She must have been ready to bread and got hit by a car .
Too bad she's toast...
maple

Post by maple »

She musta been a honey
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Bucks love a hot doe. I shot the two bucks and doe in my avatar last season. I have a video I took of me climbing down out of the tree and having to run two more bucks off. They would not leave the doe alone even as she lay on the ground. The bigger of the bucks in my avatar was originally chasing her. Apparently she was really hot. :lol:
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

DuckHunt wrote:Bucks love a hot doe. I shot the two bucks and doe in my avatar last season. I have a video I took of me climbing down out of the tree and having to run two more bucks off. They would not leave the doe alone even as she lay on the ground. The bigger of the bucks in my avatar was originally chasing her. Apparently she was really hot. :lol:
Horny little fellas!! lol
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads